tunnel vision

For the first time in your life, you felt like you were actually sitting through agonizing torture as you kept glancing between the clock and your notebook, your foot bouncing eagerly. Never before did you understand what it was like when other people so pitifully complained about their classes.

You watched the hands on the clock tick, tick, tick, but they moved far too slow for your liking. Just a few more minutes, you urged the hands to move even a little bit faster. You had just a few more minutes before you would have lunch and you would be able to finally see your boyfriend. It was only the first class of the day you had together until the afternoon classes (of which there was only two) that you two shared. Even in the classes you had together, Yixing was not always receptive of the attention you had been giving him; he actually wanted to pay attention and pass his classes, but you had become too wrapped up in him to care about much else.

As he drifted back into your thoughts, you mindlessly began to swirl his name in blue ink on the margins of your notebook. Your hand on autopilot as you wrote, you never even registered the smile lifting the corner of your lips or the hearts decorating his name.

It wasn't until the bell rang and you flew from your seat that you came to a standstill in the middle of the hallway when you caught Yixing's grin at you as he headed your way that you realized.

You were whipped for Zhang Yixing.

»«

"Everybody, this is Eunseo. Eunseo, this is Jongdae, and of course you know the lovely couple over here: Yixing and Yejin."

You blinked at the girl Baekhyun introduced, taking in her small statue and timid demeanor. However, she looked quite comfortable under his arm around her shoulder, and she even took a step closer to him as she looked to you, intimidation, not fear but certainly intimidation in her eyes.

"Hi, Eunseo," your boyfriend was the first to openly greet her, and you quickly followed.

"It's nice to meet you!"

"Uh, wow," Eunseo looked bewildered that you were speaking to her. "Uh, I mean! It's-It's amazing to meet you guys, too. I-I was there at Savage—a-at The War, and that's how I met Baekhyun, but you guys were... wow."

You wondered if Eunseo was so intimidated by you because of what had happened at The War, but you could also not believe that she was that awed by Yixing and you.

"You don't have to be afraid, Eun," Baekhyun reassured, guiding her into the seat next to him. "Yixing and Yejin are harmless—well, Yixing is."

You sighed and rolled your eyes, "Thanks, Baekhyun."

"Still, they're popular people now. You guys took away Jongin's glory, and he hasn't shown his face since!" Eunseo exclaimed, her eyes wide and round with awe.

"Really?" you paused in your eating, somewhat shocked by the fact.

"Maybe if you hadn't been so all over me today, you would have noticed."

You scowled at Yixing's teasing words, but you didn't deny them. When he laid a gentle kiss on your cheek, it was safe to say you one hundred percent forgave him.

"God, they're gross," Baekhyun whispered under his breath, and Eunseo raised an eyebrow.

"I think they're cute."

"Of course you do," Baekhyun sighed.

"You're just jealous because Yejin is so pretty."

You felt yourself blush at the subtle compliment, dipping your head to hide the bashful expression you could not keep off your face.