~*A Little Bit of Saudade*~

Chapter Ten : A Little Bit of Saudade

[ A/N: it's a Portuguese and Galician word that means "a deep emotional state of nostalgic or deeply melancholic longing for an absent something or someone that one loves". Try and spot who is suffering from Saudade in this chapter ;) ]

Laedi's Point of View

On the way back to the prison, me and Andrea tried to talk a bit. We both agreed solemnly on the fact that we were equally repelled by Em; she couldn't stand her in Woodbury either. She told me that Em usually complained about things and that she was - and I quote - "a whiny little bitch". Tossing my head back in fits of laughter, I can feel Em sending us daggers whereas Carl simply pulls on her arm in a form of a gesture to tell her to not mind us anymore. I was in the passenger seat because Andrea can actually tolerate Em whilst on the other hand, I can't. She sat behind me while Rick was in the driver's seat and Carl and Em were sitting next to each other, minding their own business. Rick would chuckle at our antics once in a while before turning back to the road. I had just found out about how Andrea's sister - Amy - got bit a few years back, she used to be a part of their group until they finally split apart at Hershel's farm. After that little incident, she settled down with Michonne for a while before she stumbled across Woodbury. It was a conversation we had before the car ride back to the prison so she told me not to tell anyone yet for she would be the one to "break the news" to the rest. Eventually, without question, I agreed and kept my mouth shut. But I can't help but get confused.

~*at the Prison*~

Michonne immediately engulfed Andrea in a hug, both of the women tearing up a bit. Everyone had their share of hello's. People gathered around Andrea as if she was the storyteller of the day and I can already tell she was. "What happened to you?" Rick speaks up first, arms crossed and a stern look on his face even if there was a little joy behind his eyes as well. Sucking in a deep breath, Andrea confessed, "I... I stayed in Woodbury." Michonne was the first one to be outraged.

"What?!" she exclaimed, anger bursting through her veins and spreading like it was some sort of disease.

"Michonne, calm down-" Andrea was cut off by the black-haired woman. "How the hell can you trust him?" Michonne gritted through her teeth. "Trust who?" I piped up. "The Governor." Daryl snarled, like he had wanted to remove that name from his mouth for so long.

"Why did you stay with him?" Michonne argued.

"He was a nice guy,"

"A nice guy?! He nearly tried to kill us."

Andrea looked taken aback. She stumbled - I didn't realize she stood up so fast - and widened her eyes, shaking her head in the process. "He wouldn't do that." She said but I didn't know if it was for us or if she was trying to convince herself. At least she didn't sound convincing in my point of view. "Yes, yes he would." Glenn butted in, taking hold of Maggie as she began to sob into his shoulder. I knew about the incident when Glenn and Maggie were captured by Merle, Daryl's brother. Now Daryl told me that he went on all by himself to kill the Governor but the table turned on him that day. I remember soothing Daryl so that he wouldn't cry but he ended up excusing himself to kill some Walkers.

No one spoke as Andrea glared at all of us, except me. When she looked at me, her eyes softened and proclaimed, "I'm leaving." And with that, she spun on her heel and left the prison. We all glanced at each other with Glenn and Maggie the first to go with Glenn holding a bawling Maggie in his arms. Next to exit was Hershel and Beth since Beth clearly knew that her father needed assistance. She patted my shoulder and sent me an apologetic smile before helping Hershel get back to his cell. Carl and Em left as well while Rick and Daryl stayed a little longer before going out to the fences and taking guard. Michonne and Carol were about to leave when I decided to tag along with them. "Hey, do you guys need some help with dinner?" I asked, hopping out of my seat and seeming a bit too eager. "Sure, sweetie." Carol smiled. They stopped in their tracks so I can catch up and then we all walked to the kitchen.

~*later that night*~

All of us finished our dinner early so I decided to do Carol a favor. "I'll take care of washing everything. You can just go sleep or something." I told her when we were in the kitchen. There were piles of plates near the sink but I didn't mind staying up a bit. A bruise plastered itself on my cheek while I had a slight black eye; it was only a bit purple. "Are you sure? You look like you're the one who needs the sleep." Carol replies, referring to the faint black eye. "I'll be fine." I assure her. "Okay then..." she shrugs it off like it was nothing and leaves the kitchen. Turning towards the ginormous amount of plates near the silver sink, I let out a sigh and grabbed the sponge.

Carl's Point of View

I waltzed into the kitchen, expecting to see Carol since I was about to ask advice about Laedi and what she's been up to lately. Yes, I know I recently punched her but I recently made out with her as well if you have forgotten. Before I could utter a word, an angelic voice rung in my ears. It carried on a tune that I'm not quite sure I know but it was definitely catchy and meaningful. When I peeped my head into the room, it was Laedi, singing her heart out.

Get out your guns, battle's begun
Are you a saint or a sinner?
If love's a fight, then I shall die
With my heart on the trigger

They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby, you are all that I adore
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting 'til the war's won
I don't care if heaven won't take me back
Throw away my faith, babe,
Just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I,
Want to live not just survive
Tonight