~*Surprises*~

Chapter Eight : Surprises 

Laedi's Point of View

     Silence drifted around us whilst we ate dinner. Me and Beth helped Carol earlier in preparing our meal that consisted of soup and carrots. I can tell that these past days I've been turning into a vegetarian which I was extremely afraid of; who would want to commit their life to eating foods that don't have meat in them for the rest of their lives? Definitely not me but I don't know about other people here. If you're wondering - which I bet you are - me and Carl have completely cut off our connections with one another.

Whenever I would pass by him and Em, Em would practically push herself on him. Even just looking at Carl I knew he was uncomfortable. Who wouldn't? They desperately tried to make me jealous about their 'oh-so happy relationship'. A part of me just wanted to go up to both of them and say, "A relationship isn't exactly happy if only one side's having the time of their lives." Please, I know someone else would do the same. Take Beth as an example. Speaking of Beth... "Why haven't you made a single move on him yet?" I overheard her whispering in my ear, causing me to snap back to the reality of today. Damn; I was thinking about Em's death wish. Well I think I'll have to ponder that another time. 

          "What the hell do you mean this time?" I roll my eyes heavenward at her. She gives me the same reaction. 

"You know exactly what I mean." She grabs my chin and pulls it in the direction of Carl and Em. 

          "I see a bitch and a cunt... oh look, there's Em too." I squeal sarcastically, looking at Beth once more. "Please, you can't stay mad at him forever." She said, taking a sip of her soup. "Correction. I can't forgive him, ever again." I emphasized. "Someday..." She sighs dreamily. "You're going to fall head-over-heels for the sherrif's son." She concludes. "Not until the day I die." I assure her.

*Later that night*

I can't take it anymore.

Beth was right and I'm the one that's wrong. I did fall head-over-heels for the sherrif's son. And I'm definitely going to admit it someday; but that's the reason procrastination is my best friend. Rick had left my - and Emily's - cell open. You can use that advantage right now, my brain said in a hush tone. It was babbling about both killing Em in her sleep and doing the plan I had stuck in my head ever since dinner. I was going to do this today and there's no objection. 

I come over, quarter past two

Love in my eyes blinded by you

Just to get a taste of heaven

I'm on my knees

I can't help it, I'm addicted

But I can't stand the pain inflicted

In the morning you're not holding on to me

     Swinging my legs over the bed, I fixed my pajamas and combed my hair with my fingers, stealthily leaving the cell. I tiptoed towards Carl's cell, seeing him fast asleep on his bed. He looked cute, I had to admit. His hair cover his eyes and as his face was on his pillow, his left cheek was a bit pinched. He had an arm swinging at the side of his bed. I flopped down on the bed that was beside his, continuing the gape at his sleeping figure. As if he sensed someone was staring at him, he immediately bolted awake, spotting me. "H-Hey." I manage to stammer out without myself even noticing. "Uh, hi?" he shot me a curious look; of course, I was in his cell, at about a quarter past 2 a.m... with nothing but my pajamas on. "Why are you here?" he asked politely. Holy shit his morning voice. It was so deep and soft and groggy. Perfect, I get an eargasm this early. I jump off of the mattress and look at him with a serious look.