Chapter 14

Hindi ko maalis ang titig sa kan'ya. Masyadong maraming emosyon ang nakalapat sa maganda niyang mukha. And I'm so tensed because she's staring at me.

I cleared my throat to get her attention. Ngunit hindi siya natinag, nanatili ang tingin niya sa mukha ko.

"Hatey.." I softly said. And it caught her attention. Her eyes widen a bit and her cheeks blushed. Umiwas siya ng tingin and her gesture made me smile.

"You already wore your contact lense?" I asked. Tumango siya habang nakatingin sa daliri niya. I sighed and hold her hand.

"I love your eyes..." I muttered. Umangat ang tingin niya. Her black lens met mine. And I know, behind those black lens, are the pair of the most beautiful eyes.

'Yun ba ang dahilan kung bakit siya nilalayuan ng marami? Kung bakit nandidiri sa kan'ya? Is that the reason of her lonely childhood? Damn, I want to shout on their faces, to kick their asses. Can't they see how beautiful those pair of eyes are? Can't they see how amazing are those? And I swear, those eyes are the most beautiful pair that I ever seen.

Her deeps set of eyes, that when you look at it, it feels like it is reading you. Feels like, it can see things within you. As I saw it earlier, I can't do anything but to stunned, amazed and frozen on my spot.

"Well, you're the first one who told me that," she said softly and chuckle afterwards. But her chuckle didn't contain genuine happiness. May halong sakit, lungkot at pait. And I want to erase all of it. All of her pain.

"And I will always say it to you," saad ko.

Malungkot siyang ngumiti. Ang laging ngiting ipinapakita niya. I know she's a girl with many secrets, pain and bad memories. And it saddened me more when I learned that her eyes can't see clearly. Nabigla ako kanina, she's on my front and she asked me if I'm her 'kuya'. Meaning she can't clearly see me.

"Come on Jaycee. Don't look at me like that." Nanginginig ang boses niya. Napasinghap ako saka umiwas ng tingin. Damn, she don't need my pity! You idiot, she need someone to lean on.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry baby," bulong ko bago siya dahan-dahang niyakap. I'm wondering where the hell she got her bruise and scratches on her skin. Did she involve herself into fights? But my Hatey is not like that.

Inilibot ko ang tingin sa kwarto niya habang nasa dibdib ko siya. Napangiti ako nang makita ang mga naka-frame na certificates, may mga medals, trophies and other things that symbolizes her success.

And a lot came from writing contest, story making, paintings and with the use of brain contests. Meron rin akong nakitang author of the year. She's really damn great.

"Bakit walang trophies galing sa beauty pageant?" I teasingly asked. Bumitaw siya sa yakap saka tinignan ang mga awards niya saka muling tumingin sa akin.

"Beauty pageant is not my thing, si Ate Aliah. She's great on that," dumaan ang lungkot sa mga mata niya. And I'm wondering why.

"Bakit hindi ka sumasali? Matalino ka, I'm sure you can answer their questions easily?" I asked.

Ngumuso siya saka umiling. "Let's say I have the brain, but I don't have the beauty." Sagot niya. And my jaw dropped and stared at her with disbelief on my face. The hell.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Huh? Bakit gan'yan reaksyon mo?" Tanong niya.

"Damn you woman! You didn't know how beautiful you are? You're impossible! You always see your face in front of mirror!" Singhal ko. Nakita ko ang pamumula ng pisngi niya saka umiwas ng tingin.

"Stop it, Jaycee. I know my limit. Alam ko ang hitsura ko. Don't act like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world." Nahihiya niyang saad. I pinched her cheeks.

"You're funny. You may not be the most beautiful girl but you are one of them. And for me, you are," saad ko saka tinitigan siya. I examine her face that every guys check out when she pass by.

Her small heat-shaped face has a soft and innocent feature. Umaabot hanggang bewang ang kulay tsokolate niyang buhok. Her eyes is round at medyo singkit ang sulok nito and what made it so tantalizing and expressive ay ang kan'yang makapal at mahabang pilik mata. Her nose is narrow, proud and small that suits on her feature. And her thin luscious red lips that is so tempting, that I need my all power to control myself from kissing her.

"Chee!" Namumula ang pisngi niya at hinampas ako sa balikat. I stared on her red lips that is suppressing a sweet smile.

Bumaba ang tingin ko sa mga braso niya. Unti-unting nawala ang ngiti ko nang makita ang mga pulang kalmot. Her delicate smooth skin was stained with scratches which is obviously came from long nails that dug on it. Nakita niyang nakatitig ako do'n kaya mabilis niya iyong itinago sa likod niya but I'm fast kaya nahawakan ko agad ito. She slightly flinched kaya niluwagan ko ang hawak sa braso niya para hindi siya masaktan.

"Where did you get those scratches?" Pinagmasdan ko siya. Her cheeks are red, well it is naturally pinkish but iba ngayon. May kaunting marka pa ito, at sa tingin pa lang alam kong may sumampal sa kan'ya. Damn, saan ba niya nakuha ito?

"Ahm..b-bakit ka pala nandito?" She tried to avoid my gaze like how she avoid my question. I clenched my jaw before sighing.

"I heard you crying, that's why I immediately went her. Now, answer me?" I firmly said.

"I-i got it because I fell. Uh..on the stair." Aniya.

"Come on, Hatey. Don't fool me. I'm asking you again and this time I don't want you to lie..hmm. Understand it, baby?" Saad ko.

It pains me when she lie to me about what's happening on her. I'm her bestfriend, and she is free to lean on, on me. I want the barrier she's building to break. I want her to open up to me, to lessen her pain. I want to enter her world completely.

Nag-angat siya ng tingin at sari-saring emosyon ng nakikita ko sa mata niya. Pain, fear...I can't name it all. But it all shows a negative feeling.

"J-jaycee.." I heard her soft voice. Napapikit ako saka muling tumitig sa kan'ya. Her eyes is misty, almost crying. Sa dami ng emosyon, pain is dominant. And I can feel her pain.

"M-my Mom did it," aniya na nagpabigla sa akin.

W-what? Her mother?

"W-what?" 'Di ko mapigilang tanong. Mapait siyang ngumiti and started to talk. And while she's talking with pain, my heart is slowly dying.

I can't believe this...

*****

Supladdict<3