Distractions

I woke up the next morning to a bright light that crept though my window. I sat up and looked around the room. Everything was how I left it from yesterday. I didn't remember coming back home and into my room. Did someone put me here? Where's Jake? The clock read 7:25 in bright red. I sighed and jumped out of bed and walked downstairs.

The house was quiet. Dead almost. I looked outside and I saw that Charlie's cruiser was still in the driveway but, I didn't hear him in the house. He must still be sleep. I made myself some breakfast and sat on the sofa in the living room. I wasn't used to Charlie being this quiet in the house but it was peaceful. I didn't bother to turn on the TV because there probably wasn't anything on. I just sat there in silence.

Well until my phone went off. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bella!"

"Jess?" I groaned

"Nice to see you too." She sighed

"What are you doing up at seven in the morning?" I yawned

"I can ask you the same thing." She stalled

"Jess, what do you want?" I demanded

"I can't talk to my best friend?"

"Whenever you call me and sound all excited that means something happened or you want something." I clarified

"You know me so well!" She gushed

"Jess!" I yelled softly

"Fine alright! I wanted to ask you how everything went with jake when you left!" She asked

Oh god. Not again.

"Jess, can we not really about this?" I asked innocently

"We are taking about now!" She yelled

"Fine. What do you want to know?" I sighed in defeat

"What did you talk about?"

"Nothing really. Just a few things here and there." I answered casually

"Come on Bella!" She pleaded

"That's nothing to really talk about Jess." I shrugged

"Ok. Fine Bella. But I'm not going to let this go!" She promised

"Jess look you don't need to--"

The phone went dead.

I groaned and threw my phone across the room. I love Jess but, she was just irritating. I can't always control her or tell her what to do because you can't tell her anything.

For the next few hours I just walked around the house, cleaned all the rooms, cleaned the dishes, read some books, played on my phone, etc. The time seemed to go by slower than usual. I didn't know what to do and I soon became bored. I considered asking Jess to drive to Port Angeles.

Hey Jess. I know I told you to leave me alone before but, I was wondering if you wanted to go to Port Angeles with me for the day.

I sent that and waited. I decided to get myself dressed and catch up on my homework and things. My phone chimed while I was combing my wet hair.

Hey Bella! I know you told me to leave you alone but, I won't listen either way! I'm glad you asked me because I am dying of boredom! Sure, I'll go with you. I'll pick you up in an hour. See you soon!

Great. This is a great distraction from my life and to save me from boredom. I finished getting ready and I was heading down the stairs when a knock on the door sent my heart banging against my ribcage. I flew stairs too answer it. I had a little trouble with the simple deadbolt but at least I yanked it open. On the other side of the door stood Jess who was hugely smiling like an idiot.