Secrets

We sat there all night by the bonfire. The colors of the fire licked at the logs and the air. We all sat on our individual logs, well some of us did. Jess was to my right and Mike was to her right and all of her attention was on him. Angela was to my left and she was quiet and still The entire time. She left me to think to myself and have some alone time. Angela and I got along in our own little way.

Some of the boys decided to go for a hike in the woods. I counted who left and who stayed. Mike, Jess, Angela, Leah, Sam, Jake And a few others stayed. Seth, Ben, Quil, and the some others left. I stayed. Hiking and roots are not my strong suit. I'd rather keep a low profile.

Jake stood up from his log and motioned to me from across the fire. When he met my gaze, he pointed to the beach. I stood up and followed him.

"Hey..."

"Hey. You didn't seem really happy back there." Jake studied me

"You know I didn't really want to come here. I only did because of Jess and Mike." I looked ahead as I spoke

"Bella, what's wrong?" Jake's voice dropped

"Nothing wrong..I'm fine.." I still didn't Face him

"Then why can't you face me?" He frowned

"Because I like to look at the beach." I lied, I hated the beach.

"Bella." Jacob put his hands on both of my shoulders, forcing me to stop walking and face him.

"What Jacob?" I glared at him

"What. Is. Wrong. With. You?" He spaced out the words

"Jake. Let go of me." I tried to pull him off with little effort

"Not until you confess!" It was like, wrestling with a brick wall!

I gave up, "fine...You win..."

"Yay!" Jake slowly let go.

I'm free! I ran back to the bonfire, where everyone else was. Jake ran after me. Everyone looked up as we ran past them like we were being chased by hyenas. It was so much fun!

I ran into Jess who fell on top of Mike and we all fell to the ground. We all laid there laughing. Everyone else stared at us and then joined in. Soon the air was filled with laughter.

Jacob came up to me with a sheepish look and tried to help me stand. I brushed off the grass and weeds from my shirt and pants and blushed.

"Bella? What the hell was that all about?" Jess glared at me and crossed her arms.

"Nothing...I was trying to escape being a prisoner." I glanced at jake who innocently started to whistle and look around the area. I chuckled.

Jessica looked at me and then jake and back to me.

"Bella, can I talk to you about something alone?" Jess suddenly couldn't stand still which made me nervous about what she has to say.

"Sure.." I looked at Jake and he got the message. He walked over to Seth and they started talking.

"Jess, what's this about?"

"You like him!" She whispered excitedly

"What?" I froze

"You heard me! You like him!" She repeated

"I do not...What makes you think that?" I was right to be nervous.

"Don't deny it! I see it in your eyes and I see the way he looks at you. He likes you." She explained

"He looks at me funny?" I didn't notice