The Choice

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather under the Wind Rock for a clan meeting!" yowled Whiskerstar. "Today we have 2 new apprentices. Lightningkit and Snowkit. Lightningkit and Snowkit from this day forward you will be know as Lightningpaw and Snowpaw. Lightningpaw your mentor will be Lionear. Lionear I hope you pass down your courage and wisdom to this young apprentice. Snowpaw your mentor is Tigerleaf. Tigerleaf I hope you pass down your strength and speed to this young apprentice." Whiskerstar finished.

"Snowpaw, Lightningpaw, Snowpaw, Lightningpaw, Snowpaw, Lightningpaw!!!!!!!" The cats from Windclan and surprisengly cats from Shadowclan were cheering their new names. I'll make you proud Shadetail I promise I'll be the strongest warrior that ever lived. Lightningpaw thought. "Come on Lightningpaw we are joining the border patrol at sun down until then go see what your litter-mate is up too. I saw her sneak off behind the nursery." Lionear said interrupting my thoughts. I walked until I found a deep black hole in the ground. It had Snowpaw's scent in it and around it. So I followed her scent and found her cornered in fear by a badger three times her size. "Help me. Lightningpaw? Go get help NOW!" she yowled terrified as the badger swiped at her head luckily she dodged the attack.

Lightningpaw's POV :)

I was frozen in fear when I saw the badger but I managed to get the courage to sneak up on the monstrous sized badger. I clawed the badger's back and going into it's neck. The badger turned and stumbled in pain as I attacked it swiftly clawing it's face angrily. "Good now keep it up attack it's face and slice through its throat for it attacking your litter-mate you care so much about." a voice that sounded a lot like Snowtuft, leader of the Dark Forest, so I did and the badger slowly collapsed onto the ground like a snake.

Snowpaw just stared at me shocked and still terrified that the badger was dead and her litter-mate just killed it. "H....h....how did you do that?" Snowpaw asked licking her bleeding front leg. "I don't know but what I do know is that you have to see Flowerrunner about that leg." she nodded slowly. "Meet me outside camp in the forest I need to talk with you about the prophecy." She said shyly leaving the tunnel with a grim smile.

"Well done my apprentice." Snowtuft said as he immerged into the tunnel. "Snowtuft how did I kill that badger without getting a single scar on me?" I asked shyly because I knew this cat would kill me if she said or thought anything wrong. He just shrugged and grinned. "You're strong cat for just becoming a apprentice." I smiled back and ran after Snowpaw.

When I got outside Snowpaw was standing there. She backed up making me fall back into the tunnel. "What's wrong Snowpaw? I asked stumbling back up outside the tunnels. She was panting heavily now she ran pushing me back into the tunnels................. again. "Seroulsly Snowpaw what's wrong?" I asked getting up. I looked down at my leg it was twisted and I fell down again. I yowled and realized Snowpaw just knocked me in and ran away after I fell in.

That little mouse-brain fool she shouldn't have messed with me. I sighed and stumbled up the tunnels. When I limped to camp Snowpaw had been in the leader's den talking with Whiskerstar. I rolled my eyes and limped to the medicine cats den. "What in the name of Starclan happened to you?" Flowerrunner asked shocked getting up to get the herbs for my leg.

"Snowpaw pushed me into the tunnels and I fell on my leg like this." I explained limping to a empty and clean nest. "Why would Snowpaw push you into the tunnels making you twist your leg on purpose?" Flowerrunner asked surprised. "I don't know its just that she was almost killed by a monster sized badger and she may be in shock." I replied quivering.

Flowerrrunner cleaned her leg and left to go collect more herbs. So I decided to go find Snowpaw and teach her a lesson. "Hey lightningpaw sorry I pushed you into the tunnels earlier." Snowpaw said apologizing. I let my claws sink into the ground so i wouldn't claw Snowpaw and make a big scene. "it's ok snowpaw i'll be fine soon Flowerrunner told me i'll even be better before moon-high." i replied not trying to sound angry.

That night my leg was better so i could sleep in the apprentice's den. When I came into the den Snowpaw started kicking me in the leg in her sleep. So i decided to go for a walk on "our" territory. "Hey lightningpaw what are you doing here at moon-high." Shadepaw a shadowclan apprentice growled. "My mouse-brain litter-mate was kicking me in her sleep so I decided to go for a walk alone." I snapped back. "Ok go ahead rabbit-chaser just be careful Bloodstar sent a scouting party to the thunderclan border to look out for any trespassers." "Thanks for the warning Shadepaw." i mumbled back.

Short chapter so umm yea :/ keep reading