Freaks

Nico di Angelo's POV

The son of Hades was having a nightmare as he tossed and turned in the son of Hephaestus' bed.

"It's your fault!" The daughter of Hades yelled at her younger brother.

The ghost king was up against the wall. The death boy was still a teenager and so was his older sister.

It was incredibly weird but the prince of darkness couldn't wake up from his troubled sleep.

"Mom died because of you!" Bianca shouted as Nico sunk to the ground.

"It's your fault that I'm dead!" She continued.

Nico placed his hands over his ears as he tried to block out the noise.

"Please," Nico pleaded but she didn't quit.

"It's always been your fault! You shouldn't have ever been born! How dare you insult our family by being one of those people?! Our father might be the King of it but you're still going to be punished for what you've become!" She shouted.

"I didn't know! I wanted to stop it! I couldn't! Please believe me Bia," Nico begged.

"You're not my brother," She spat before walking away disappearing into the cloudy mist.

Nico woke up from his sleep. He was trembling as he hid in the unfamiliar warmth that currently surrounded him. He felt movement next to him as he jumped hearing a voice.

"Nico? You okay there man? You were mumbling in your sleep," The tan Latino repair boy spoke looking down at the shaking boy.

Nico didn't remember getting into the fire starter's bed and so he shot up like a rocket remembering 'Bianca's' words.

"Hey, I don't know what happened while you were asleep but I'm not going to hurt you Neeks," The fire starter spoke with a gentle tone.

"Don't call me that Valdez," Nico muttered with his voice dripping with acid.

The overly hyper mechanic looked like a kicked puppy as he heard Nico.

He carefully placed his hand on Nico's shoulder who didn't make any move to swat it away.

Nico was leaning against the headboard of the bed with his knees pulled to his hoodie clad chest. His shaggy jet black hair covering his line of vision.

Leo sat up in the sheets of his bed as he carefully traced circular patterns on the slightly smaller boy's back.

Nico hesitantly relaxed but kept his stare on the wall in front of him that was scattered with blueprints pinned all over it.

"Nightmare right? Those suck," Leo spoke before feeling Nico move towards him.

Leo made room to accept the boy as he buried himself into the warm chest.

"Yeah, they do," Nico mumbled.

Leo had a small sad smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he finally got Nico to say something.