CHAPTER 22

I got out the carriage, ace supporting me behind, I went slowly down the steps, walked forwards then stopped to take in the prison that was so...risky and dangerous with all the sharp wires over the gates, ace took my hand, I pulled away timidly then walked towards the entrance of the prison, a guard patted me down then ace, he gave us a nod then let us past, I looked at Ace who just looked back at me blankly, my heart started beating a little faster because I was so scared and nervous, I felt aces hand slip in mine, this time I didn't pull mine away, I looked at him then gave him a quick hug before anything happened.
We walked down to a table then sat and waited, the guard brought out a slender man, you could literally see every bone in his body, his intense hazelnut eyes sparkled with millions of stars, his smile was weak but I still realised whose killer bright, beautiful smile it was, I got up and ran over to hug him, I could feel his arms wrap around me, the warmth nearly totally gone, I sighed then started crying, my poor baby was dying lowly from starvation, it hurt so badly to see him as skin and bone, I slid my hand slowly down his arm and into his hand then pulled him towards the table wiping the broken tears away quickly.
He sat down across from us, I kept staring at the guard who was watching from a distance then I slid my hand into charlies and smiled.
"You made it"he said weakly" you came to save me."
"Of course I did, what else do you think could keep me sane all this time?"
He smiled weakly then leaned forward "I love you."
"I love you too." I said, tears rolling down faster and more frequently" and I swear we will get you out so be ready, as soon as you go back in get ready and we'll be there in an hour or when it's darker."
"You must be careful with the baby."
"I will."
"And keep yourself safe." He said
"I'm scared Charlie."
"You'll be fine summer dove." He said still smiling weakly
"What if something happens? What if someone dies or you die or -- or if we can't save you --"
"Hey, hey calm down, love."
I took in a few deep breaths but I couldn't help but fret and be upset about everything, it's been forever since I saw him or spoke to him or even been wrapped up in his strong, warm soft arms, smothered in is gentle, velvety soft kisses, it was tough to see him again, it was weird...
Ace looked at his rival cousin in sympathy, yes they fought, yes they hated each other and yes they never talked much but they were family no matter what, ace dropped his gaze and looked at his feet and slumped back in his chair, he tried to hide his facial expression but it lingered enough for me to know that it was guilt all over his face.
It's not your fault.i said to him telepathically
It is, I told Liam to do it. He returned
Yes but you were drunk not just physically but mentally on anger, fury and jealousy.
He paused to take that in then didn't answer back I then knew that I had won this time, I put a hand on charlies hand then stroked it gently.
"We best go, your guard is getting impatient." I said glaring at the guard who was giving us glares.
"Okay, I love you and --"he said clutching my hand weakly"-- be careful please."
"Well do what we can." I said tearfully
We got up, I went over and hugged him for a while then let him go, ace hugged him to and patted him on back pulled away quickly and left as quick as possible.
I knew he felt guilty and was upset to see his brother in this near to death state, it was horrible to see him this upset anything could happen to him at this point out of guilt, regret and horror he could even kill himself by walking into the sun without his ring...
I shivered at the thought of him hurting or killing himself, it was an awful image and thought, I was nearly sick to my stomach thinking of that, I smiled back at Charlie who was looking sadly and confused in his direction, I laced my fingers through his the kissed him.
"He is just upset -- seeing you like this." I explained
"I don't want him to be unhappy." He said in a strained whisper
"I know, I know but Charlie your skin and bone, and your so pale -- oh, Charlie. " I said crying now
"Don't cry, love. " he said soothingly
"Your right --" I said then went his ear as if I was giviing him a kiss on the cheek"--remember be ready within an hour."
He squeeze my hand then I walked away releasing our Connection slowly, leaving a warm, weak smile on his face.
I walked out door and gave the guards a wary glance to make sure they got the message not to hurt him or I'll kill them, one of them shifted uncomfortably then coughed, I stopped and started at him angrily and he moved away cowering behind another Co - worker then I left ticked off but a smirk touched the side of my lips.
I saw ace pacing quickly and impatiently outside, he looked at the floor then picked me up.
"What are you doing?"
"We need to be quick and get him out of there like now." He said, his voice straining
"Ace, don't worry --"
"How can't I worry? He's dying for the love of hell! "
"Hey, I'm not the one to blame here you were the one who made him like this!"
I stopped and realised what I had said
"Oh, god ace I didn't mean --"
"Of course you did your stating a fact, it's true it is my fault."
"Don't say that."
"it is though! Don't say it isn't because both me and you know it was all me." He said then rushed off leaving me stood vulnerable in the street my hair whipping in the wind..