Chapter 19

We floated through a cave like tunnel, there was icicle like bits hanging from the roof of the cave, it seemed to glitter and gleam red, I wondered if the water somehow did it but then when I squinted my eyes I could see that it was ruby's and gems in the cave roof, I looked around in awe, I wished I has a cave of gems and jewels...or a room maybe, that would be pretty...
I jumped as the boat skimmed the side of the rock as it stopped, I look round then heard screaming and lethal thwacks from across the water and seen slave men, women and children getting torched, I stared in horror at the whip as it slashed there skin open leaving marks and blood but also shredded bits of clothing behind on the body then I saw a two year old girl get pushed towards the man with the whip, I screamed "no! Stop shes only a little baby!" My eyes full of terror Noah pulled me away, I punched, kicked and screamed at him to let go and save the child then he sat me down and with in a second he was at my side again with the child and it's mother.who was the one sat weeping on the left in the corner.
"Run, now!"
We started running and stumbling over little rocks, we turned a corner and ran down a street, we all ran straight down then we bumped into a big group so we blended in with them, I felt Noahs hand slip into mine and squeeze to comfort me, reassuring me everything would be fine but i wasn't certain everything would be fine, i was frightened that we wouldn't make it, that we would die for doing this. I then felt a gentle but urgent tug on my arm, i turned and saw Noah's face, he was panicked but he was pleading calmly to me to move, i tried to move but i couldn't then when Noah saw how unsettled i looked he jerked my body and i found myself in his arms, i started to cry softly into his chest, i kept seeing Charlie's face over again, his laugh, those beautiful eyes that sparkled, shimmered and glowed in both daylight and midnight like a million stars in the sky on a cloudless night in the dead of winter...
when he smiled with those sweet, soft, velvet lips that always made me bit my lips, but everything about him made me go crazy, that made my heart skip a beat or two with love and affection, every little slight touch of his skin made me feel who i am is perfect, he never made me change or forced me to do anything because he loved me for me that's what i oved about him, he never cared what i looked like or if i was fat or slender he loved me for my personality, that's all he looked for in a girl but most girls had a bad personality, he told me none of them made him feel the way he does about me now only decades ago when he fell in love with that witch Bridget, i thought that was sweet but right now its not the right moment to be having a nerves breakdown, i need to fight for him and get him out of this terrible place, i managed to stop crying and wiped the tears away.
"put me down, please." i said
"but--"
"just please do it and take the poor child's mother."
"what about the kid and you?" he asked
"I'll take the little girl now go!"
"I'm not leaving you--"
"ill be right behind you i promise ." i said then picked the little girl up out of her mothers arms"ill take care of her i swear."
She nodded then kissed her child on the head and whispered to her, after we shot off as we hear angry yelling coming from behind us not far away, we darted down back alleys and streets then once
We thought -- knew we were safe we went around to houses and inns trying to find someone kind to help, we came to the last two houses, I walked to the door then knocked on the door, an echo vibrated as I knocked, I heard foot steps, I turned around and Noah gave me a confident smile, I turned back to the door and composed myself as the door opened I smiled.
"Hello" I said formally
"Hello?" The man said
"Can we ask you something?"
"Yes?"he said
"Will you kindly take this woman and child in because they have been abused greatly and --oh please help them your their only hope please ." I begged
The man looked at the side to see the woman and the child then to me again
"There names?"
"uh" I said then turned to them
"Brydie"the woman said" this is my daughter Freya, please sir, help us."
The man sighed then took me to the side "I will take them in but only to keep them safe from whatever monster has done that to them."
"How much?" I asked pulling out money, he stopped my hand then looked at me sympathetically
"Don't, I don't want any money please keep it."
"But --"
"No please, I'm not taking anything from you."
"Fine just please take care of them and don't let anyone hurt them."
"I promise I won't. "
"Thank you." I said then shook the man's hand
We went back to everybody else, I caught a quick glance of Noah, his face that was full of suspension, but he was cautious and alert it was odd, he looked away from the guy then to me, he forced a smile, I smiled back then looked at the girls.
"He said he's going to take you guys so, this is your new master --"
"No, not master, a friend." He said humbly then bowed to the girls.
"You guys better go in and warm up then." I said, I went over to them and hugged them, Brydie whispered "thank you" in my ear and I hugged her a little tighter In response, Once all goodbyes were said they went inside, we watched them.