The Fight Part Two

Thomas is in big trouble

Kanan felt his heart sink at the sight. His son was tied up, dangling from the hotel's balcony, unconscious, blood dripping from several wounds.

"What did you do?" Kanan growled as Thomas laughed, turning to the young man.

"The brat got caught and he needed to be taught a lesson on interfering with other people's affairs."

"He's just a child," Kanan said trying to hold his composure.

As much as Kanan wanted to go to Ezra, he knew that Thomas would just shoot the boy before he could reach him.

"No matter," Thomas waved off the comment turning back to the boy and aimed the pistol.

Kanan quickly tackled Thomas knocking the gun from his hands.

"You little..." Thomas spat as both men got to their feet, each staring coldly at the other.

"You have threatened everything I hold dear, and now you are going to pay," Kanan said.

Thomas's face broke into amusement.

"Westen Folk, ha, you really are as dumb as you look."

Before Kanan could retort the man revealed a second pistol and fired off two shots. Kanan turned in just enough time to watch his son fall to the ground.

"Ezra, no," he whispered, eyes filling with tears, staring at the still form .

He turned back to Thomas causing the other man to laugh.

"Oops."

In a blind fury Kanan attacked. 

Several Minutes Later

Thomas realized had severely underestimated Kanan Jarrus and now was wishing he hadn't shot the boy. As he avoided another punch, he knew that he needed to end this.

Fortunately for him, the deputy left his left side wide open, so Thomas was able to knock the man onto his back.

"You made a mistake, Deputy," he sneered as Kanan stared at him fearfully.

Kanan couldn't believe it. His baby was dead and now he was about to die.

"Heh, sorry Janus. I guess I didn't live up to your expectations," he whispered watching Thomas grab another gun from his boot.

"Goodbye, Deputy," Thomas said cocking the gun.

Kanan closed his eyes and when he heard the gun fire, he waited for the burn of the bullet.

I'm not that mean :D

Instead of a bullet, Kanan felt dead weight slump against him. Opening his eyes he saw Thomas's blank expression staring at him.

"What the?" He questioned rolling the man off of him.

"Kanan!" Zeb called rushing at him

The man looked up hissing as he did so.

"Kanan, are you alright?" Zeb asked frantic.

"Yeah mostly," he answered. "Nice shot."

"Wasn't me," Zeb answered.

Kanan stared at him and suddenly remembered.

"Ezra!" He yelped scrambling to his feet and ran over to the boy.

"Ezra? EJ?" He called scooping the child up.

Nothing.

"Oh, Baby please," Kanan whimpered cradling the small body to him.

The child would not wake.

Kanan felt his knees give out and sink to the ground as tears began falling from his eyes. His precious light was gone and their was nothing he could do about it.

"Ezra," he whimpered placing a warm kiss on his forehead before burying his face into Ezra's dark locks sobbing.

Everyone watching felt their heart break for the young father. Zeb walked over to him and placed a hand on Kanan's shoulder. 

"He's gone, Zeb," Kanan whispered. 

"I know," the man answered fighting tears of his own. "Come on, let's go over to the Doc's so we can get everything settled." 

Kanan didn't want to move. He wanted to wake up from this nightmare and find his son smiling brightly at him, blue eyes dancing with joy.

"Ezra," he cried again, hugging the child closer to him. 

"Come on," Zeb said helping him stand and together they walked over to the Doctor's. 

Once inside Kanan reluctantly laid the boy down on the exam table. 

"Do you need me to leave?" Kanan asked still staring at his child's face. 

"Unfortunately...(sigh). Kanan, I'm sorry, I really am," Doc Howsen said before noticing the man's injuries. "Why don't you go wait out in the main part and I'll come fix you up." 

The young man didn't argue but before he walked away, Kanan placed a hard kiss on the boy's forehead and whispered. 

"Baby, please come back." 

The doctor felt pain for him. He knew what it was like loosing a child. Kanan walked through the curtains and when the doctor turned back to the body, he saw a sight he couldn't believe. 

"KANAN!" 

I do hope you enjoyed this. Have a good day!