44|His Woman

When he stepped back a tad as soon as the lift halted, Ishita noticed Mihika who was having a cold war with Mihir. She grabbed Raman's blazer and brought him closer. He held back his breath at her sudden movement and looked down at the way she perspired and shivered for unknown reasons. He slanted his head and found the objects standing there, about to get out of the constricted area; feeling awe at how such an innocent woman he was been ended up with!

People dropped off but Ishita has her eyes closed and Raman has his, on her pretty face. He lean over and pecked her temple making her open her eyes in blow. Skimming through the place in a spur of a second, she sighed, as there was no one other than them. He kissed her lips shortly and assured her everything is up to scratch that made her wonder; why is she feeling so vigilant actually?

Shopping with her husband was not new to her. However, what made her feel those mysterious things inside her chest, inside her stomach, the later flickering, and the other immensity, because they are acting like two secret lovers! She shone in delight while holding his arms and lazily licking the left out chocolate from the glittery cover.

Hitting with his father, Raman felt like someone has poured a bucket full of cold water over him. He closed his mouth in fake surprise and told him how he and Ishita were searching for them everywhere and trying their mobile constantly. Om felt bad that in his shopping, he ignored his kids and apologized while Raman mentally felt contrite for lying perfectly to his father.

Journey back home, along with the entire family was also something that soothed them. They felt complete to have their kids beside them, with their parents chirpily sharing how exhaustingly enjoyable the shopping was. On the other side, Mihir was with Shagun and perceived her a bit disconnected from everything. He could not stop but probe if she is well and that come a comforting bolt from the blue to Shagun. Her brother after eras has asked her if she is fine!

"Erm...I'm...why...did you...ask Mihir...?" Shagun asked still unable to believe that he really does have a tint of concern in his stony face, or was she imagining things?

"Just like that. You seemed like...you've been beaten up by someone!" Mihir spun his shoulder.

"Aaj kal...kuch zyada hi ho rahi hai mere saath!" Shagun mused and said in a low voice. "Nothing like that...The shopping...it was...tiresome."

"Yeah it was." He agreed. "By the way...you adjust in Iyer's home tonight. You know tomorrow rituals...early morning...I can't leave you home alone. I know you don't mind but I do. So you behave and be there. It's just a sleepover." He explained.

"Yeah...it's okay. I'll manage." Shagun made faces at the thought of being there but she decided not to make it an issue just for her brother whom she genuinely has concerned about.

"Great." Mihir forced a smile.

He dropped Shagun at Iyers while Ishita was running from one home to the other, confused and confusing others on the sleeping arrangements. At last, she came up with the key to the other house that Raman has temporarily borrowed for Shagun. Shagun felt relieved that she would be able to catch some sleep away from this noise but alas, she found another set of Tamilians and Punjabies there from whom she so annoyingly grabbed the key to her ex-room!

Amidst a pack of relatives, Ishita drowned her in hosting while Raman immersed to talk and discuss the next day engagement. After all, how the impromptu interruption happened in their first shopping, everything got shuffled and they were running behind preparation. Parmeet's presence made it a bit easy for them that he joined Raman and Romi for necessary arrangements. When everything has done, the young men had taken a leave from there to terrace.