A Surprise Trip for Elizabeth and Scorpius- Chapter 23

*** So, So sorry it is taking me a while to post on this story. I have been busy....plus I am at a sort-a writers road block. But do not worry....I am already coming up with ideas that I hope will be GREAT so I can continue writing this one....becasue I LOVE it so much!!!! Thanks for hangin' with me :D  ***

A Surprise Trip for Elizabeth and Scorpius

Chapter 23

                Draco had started his new job at the Ministry and so far everything was going good. Minister for Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt, had assigned Draco to the Department of International Cooperation, he would be a member and working for the International Magical Trading Standards Body and would report back directly to Minister Shacklebolt. Draco’s job was to help regulate and help set trade standards and work towards helping the Ministry maximize its international trade with other magical departments in other countries. And Draco was good at it. He had already built himself a small fortune in just a few short years since leaving Hogwarts.

                Elizabeth was working her last week with the auror department and then she would begin her job working beside Minister Shacklebolt as his assistant and undersecretary in Muggle relations. Elizabeth only got to see Draco on their lunch breaks and he would come down from the fifth level to the second level where the auror offices were located. He was very busy right now, but he seemed to be enjoying his job as he told Elizabeth all that they were working on and the countries they would be working with. He also warned that his job might require him to travel a bit to other countries which excited Elizabeth because she imagined them going together. Draco was even civil to Harry, even though Elizabeth could tell he was uncomfortable with it. But Harry was very cordial and it wasn’t long until they were both carrying on lengthy conversations, especially when they started talking about Quidditch, each debating on the better teams and actually agreeing with each other. Elizabeth felt like it was a start for Draco getting over his past.

                “So, when is the big day?” Harry asked taking her hand and looking at the diamond ring on her finger.

                Elizabeth blushed, “We haven’t set the date yet, but we do know where it will be. It will be at our lovely new home out in the back garden.” Elizabeth told Harry all about their new home and what Draco had done there so far.

                “Wow, I guess Draco has changed. It is still a little hard to believe that this is the same Draco Malfoy from Hogwarts,” Harry said, “but I am so glad to see this side of Malfoy. I can tell he truly loves you Elizabeth because he can hardly keep his eyes off of you. Congratulations on your engagement and future marriage by the way. I know you will both be happy.”

                “Thanks Harry, you are sweet.”

                “I’m not being sweet, only truthful. I have never seen a man and woman more in love than you two. It is written all over both your faces and in your body language. You can’t be in the same room without touching each other in some way, even if it is just to put your hand on his shoulder or he puts his hand on yours. It is really quite beautiful and romantic, which is a little weird because I never thought Malfoy had it in him,” Harry laughed.

                “Draco would surprise you,” Elizabeth smirked as she started telling Harry about how she and Draco first met in the London muggle world. Harry could not believe that Draco had been in the muggle world and fallen for Elizabeth even though at the time he thought she was a muggle. And he still couldn’t get over how unselfish this new Draco Malfoy was.

                “I am happy that Draco has changed for the better. I never thought he was all that bad, just a boy who was greatly influenced by his terrible father, Lucius Malfoy,” Harry told her.