Chapter 31: The Rosafelt Army

Start from the beginning

They cheered. Louder than anything I'd ever heard. Their hands were in the air, they were smiling...and their cheeks were bright red with the blush of...
"Love," Erza said, laughing. "Well done, now they're all hopelessly in love with you."
"Don't be stupid, they're not-"
"Natsu-sama~!" A girl cried, running over to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and buried my head in her breasts.
"Thank you for saving us!" She chirped, giggling.
"Y-Yeah, you're welcome..." I stuttered, trying to look the other way as much as possible. As soon as she let go, she hurried off with embarrassment.
"At least they're on our side now," Wendy said happily. "I was worried they'd get the wrong idea about us."
"Yeah, with all that crap about Natsu the council printed on the news," Cana added.
Suddenly, a woman came up to us who reminded me a lot of Erza. She had heavy multi coloured armour on, and a long red fur coat draping over her back. Long black hair fell down her shoulders and her eyes were bright sapphires.
"Azamara," Cana said, smiling.
"Greetings, Cana," the woman answered. "I see you found your comrades."
"Oh, right," Cana replied, turning to face us. "Guys, this is Azamara Snow. She's the first rosafelt child I ran into, before Levy warned everyone about the bomb. She's got some crazy magic."
"I believe the term 'crazy' is a tad...expressive, don't you think?" Azamara answered, laughing.
Erza approached her first, and held out her hand.
"It's a pleasure, Azamara. My name is Erza," she greeted. Azamara took her hand and gripped it tightly.
"The pleasure is mine, Erza. I look forward to working with you."
"Can we shorten your name a little? How about a cute nickname like Aza?" Wendy suggested.
"Aza...yes, I see that as more efficient. I will go by Aza, then," Azamara replied, smiling.
"Aza it is," Cana decided, laughing. "By the way, has anyone seen Lucy? Levy's missing, too..."
I glanced around, and also noticed neither of them were here.
Thank god, if Lucy'd seen that girl bury my face in her boo-
"I'll go find Lucy. You guys keep an eye out for Levy," I told them, sweat dropping.

-Lucy P.O.V-
While everyone was distracted, I took the chance to go and find Niska. It took me a while, but I eventually found her. She was sitting on the floor next to Ekiro, and were casually having a conversation between each other. Their faces both lit up once I made my way over to them.
"Lucy...it's good to see you," Niska said, sighing with relief. "With all that action, I wasn't sure what happened to you."
"Well, Natsu got involved with the bomb and, well..." I began to explain, but I realised there was far more to this than I could fit in a couple of sentences.
"Natsu's your other half, isn't he?" Ekiro asked, which caught me completely by surprise. Seeing my stunned expression, he started to laugh.
"I did work for the council only a few hours ago, you know," he said. "They didn't keep everything a secret from me. After all, finding Natsu was the council's main priority, once they'd captured you."
"I'm still surprised you change your mind so fast. You seemed so loyal to the council," I said, thinking back to how he used to be.
"I'm loyal to justice, and at the time I though the council was justice. But unfortunately, I couldn't see past them. However, when I discovered what they were doing to you, I started figuring it out, then it all became clear when they asked me to execute Niska. She didn't deserve that at all."
"I'm still flattered that you put your life on the line for mine," Niska added, smiling at him.
"You were my righteous act. Saving you was what put me right again." He suddenly took hold of her, which made her blush. "I'm sorry, Niska," he said. "For keeping you locked up there."
She hesitated at first, however quickly threw her arms around him.
"You idiot," she muttered, laughing. "Don't apologise for saving my life."
I was confused at their close behaviour. But then I realised.
It had been six months since we escaped the first FRAS raid. That would've been around the time that Ekiro was ordered to execute Niska, which was when he locked her up in that secluded area. Since he had his thoughts about the council, I assumed he'd kept his distance from them since then, so that means all they would've had is each other. They've been looking out for each other for months.
I found myself smiling at them both.
"Look at that," I said. "It all worked out in the end."

-Levy P.O.V-
What was wrong with me?! I was so caught up in escaping and the speech, that I forgot!
I stared back down at the diary, which I couldn't help but grip as tightly as possible.
Who do I tell? How do I tell them? Should they just read it for themselves? Or should I-
"Levy?"
I jumped, and almost dropped the book. Spinning around, I spotted Cana standing behind me.
"You okay? You seem kinda tense," she asked, coming closer. "What you got there?"
"T-This? I-It's..." I began, unable to find the words. I slowed my breathing, and sighed. "I don't know what it is, really. It looks like a diary. But...what it says..." I shook my head, and handed her the book. "There are only ten entries," I informed her. I waited carefully as she flicked through the pages, taking in key words. It was easy to tell when she'd got the idea. She eyes widened, and she started to tremble slightly.
"Y-You're kidding me," she muttered, shaking her head. "This can't be true."
"They took everything from us," I began, almost close to tears. "But did they really do this as well? Did they really take that away?"
"Who wrote this? Where did you find it?" Cana asked immediately.
"In the FRAS's library. It was on the desk in front of a dead man."
"Come on," Cana replied, gesturing for me to follow. "The others need to read this."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Damn...what the hell is in that diary? It must be pretty important...
Niska and Ekiro are so cute, seriously. There may or may not be a ship forming here...someone else create the name, I'm terrible at it...maybe Nikiro? I like that, that works ;)
THANKS FOR READING, AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! Xxxx