Chapter 6

"Anyway, where are we going?" I say.

"You'll see that in a second." he says as the car pulls away from school.

Adriana's POV

Luke's jaw is clenched as his eyes are on the road, one hand casually resting on the wheel.

I'm actually really crazy that I'm going on a date with a guy I've known for almost two weeks but hey, time can't change the fact that I kinda like him, right?

Well I only like the nice side of him, the one I saw for a minute when he asked me on a date.

To be honest, my previous crushes were all punk, so let's change a thingy into an obsession. Also, punk edits of celebs always make me cry, in a good way of course.

"What are you thinking about?" Luke literally wakes me up from day dreaming.

"Oh nothing... Just school that's it."

"I've seen you have problems with maths by the way. I can help you if you want me to." he smiles and putes his hand on my knee, driving with only one hand.

"Are you good at maths then?" I say, kinda shocked.

He doesn't really look like the type of guy that would put much effort in school and stuff. Another case of don't judge a book by its cover I guess.

"Kinda. My mom is a maths teacher, that's probably why." he says.

"Oh that's awesome. Thanks for the offer! It's very nice of you." I say.

You see! I'm getting to know him better already and we haven't even been on a date YET.

"Any time babe." he says and his hand lands on my knee softly. He gives it a little squeeze.

I look out of the window and see strange shops and pubs. I have never been to this part of town. Are we even in town?

"Can you please tell me where we are going to? I have no idea where we are." I say. I truly have no clue.

"We are going to one of my favourite places. You will just see it when we get there. I'm sure you are going to like it." he says, looking into the mirror.

We drive for another 2 minutes before we arrive at the destination. I get out of the car and look around.

"Oh just leave your bag in my car! Wait I will put it at the back." Luke says and he takes my schoolbag out of my hands.

"Thank you." I say shyly and he just smiles and winks. Luke and his winking-obsession.

To prevent an awkward moment, him seeing me having the colour only a tomato has, I look away.

I observate the area. There's a small river. It's really cozy and there's not so many people. It kind of reminds me of Amsterdam.

My mum is Dutch and we go there every year to visit my grandparents. It would be a shame not to visit Amsterdam. Oh, I miss them so much. They taught me how to speak Dutch, and I am very thankful for that. The more languages I speak, the better.

"Let's go." he says. He puts his arm around my waist and leads the way.

We walk into some kind of pub. As soon as we enter, I can hear live music and smell the alcohol and smoke. It's really dark in here.

That's quite odd to be honest, because it was really light outside, literally three seconds ago.

I can see a stage through all the smoke. What even is this?

I hope this is not something like a Dutch coffeeshop where they smoke drugs and shit, because if it is, I'm out.

"Luke! What nice to see you again!" Some strange guy who has tattoos everywhere yells.