Chapter 3

"Let's go now." he says and I just stand there in a utter shock.

What has just happened...?

Adriana's POV

Luke and I are on our way outside.

He pushes, well more like throwing, the door open against the wall next to it and walks out, not caring about the door he might have broken or anyone seeing us sneaking out.

I follow him outside, kinda impressed about the fact that he is acting so calm about this. It's like he does this everyday. I, on the other hand, am freaking out.

If we get caught, shit will happen. I feel the cold air flow against my bare arms, so I quickly cross my arms, rubbing my arms with my hands.

"So what now?" I say, wanting to go back inside.

"I'm going to sneak out and come back at break." he says while he looks around, his jaw clenched, the wind blowing through his hair. Stop Adri. Stop.

I just nod and act like I'm okay with it.

"Well I'm going back inside then." I say, pointing back at the school building.

Luke stops walking and looks at me.

Oh no, here we go again.

"See you later." he says and he winks, making me feel so weak for the tenth time today.

"See you later... I guess." I say and I crack a nervous smile.

I turn around and was about to walk as he says

"Don't tell anyone about this, or else..."

I feel his hand lightly smack my ass. I look around and see a smirk on his face. Okay this is going a little bit too far.

"Okay listen up, stop fucking touching me inappropriately! I'm not okay with it." I say not realising what I've just done.

As he said, he is a 'popular' guy, and the last thing you want is to have a fight with a popular kid as an inbetweener/nobody... And he looks like the type of guy nobody really wants to fight with...

"Don't get mad." he says and he smiles, "I won't do it again."

"Good... good!" I say and I walk away.
As soon as I step inside, I look back at Luke, seeing him hopping into his car.

I looked at him till he drove away, I am like some creepy stalker. I then decide to look for a place to hide from people and my responsibilities. I walk straight to the toilets, my safe haven.

I walked to the third toilet stall, my favourite since it's often the cleanest and and made sure the door is closed. I have a thing with the number three, it's weird.

I pull my sleeves over my hands so I can put the toilet seat down and sit on it. No way I'm touching that with my bare hands.

I let out a sigh, looking at my watch. Unbelievable. I have 1 hour and 46 minutes to go.

Why am I doing this? I don't even know him. If I'm being honest, his cocky and tough personality make him seem kinda interesting.

I hope I made a good first impression by doing this... for him. Not that I care anyway. Okay, perhaps I do, but just a little.

I grab my phone and just go on twitter and tumblr, waiting for lunch break so I can tell Lily and Tamara what has happened today, because I'm about to explode.

God just let it be lunch break already.

*

I quickly walk to the schoolyard, but as I'm about to open the door, I hear mrs. Pearson call my name.