3. Songwriting & A New Starr

Original Stats:
365 Views. 10 Votes. 6 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Songwriting & A New Starr

━━━━━━━━━

"Ally!" Austin called as he raced to catch up with his songwriter in the lobby of Starr Records that next morning. The night before had been hectic. The last he had seen of her was before she left in the car her dad had given her just a year before. He had said he had missed her, so why not send her something to remember him by. Like a car. Austin still felt like her father hated him for what he did. Not that he blamed Lester. Austin still hated himself for how he hurt Ally.

Ally spun around on her heel, the lip gloss stick she held against her lip fumbling across her face awkwardly before she sent a nervous smile Austin's way. She had been hoping to get away without much notice from her singing partner in crime. She was to meet up with Gavin Young in just a half hour to discuss the song, or possibly just write it all together. The two had been texting all the night before. Throwing around ideas for the song, as well as getting to know each other better. Come to find out Gavin's love for music was equal to Ally's. Even Austin didn't understand her love for music theory, and he was the next up in her line of music friends.

"Yeah?" She asked nervously. She knew that Austin and herself were scheduled to be writing the next song on Austin's album, but she had agreed to meet up with Gavin before remembering that small fact. Austin sighed and stopped just in front of her, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her wipe away the excess lip gloss that had occupied her face. She was hiding something, he could tell.

"Where are you going? We're supposed to be working on my next song?" Austin asked innocently. He could conclude by the way Ally was acting, she was going to meet up with someone she didn't know all that well. If she were leaving to go meet up with Trish or Dez, she wouldn't have even bothered to put on high heels, much less lip gloss. Plus, all the people she knew like the back of her hand were upstairs brainstorming ideas for his album. Everyone but Ally, that was.

"I um... Was heading out to finish something else. I don't know when I'll be back, though. So... Maybe, you can pick up where we left off. I'll try to catch up later." Ally relayed before turning once more and attempting to leave. Austin shook his head as he reached out and grabbed onto her forearm, pulling her back into him.

"Are you meeting up with someone?" Austin asked, causing Ally's cheeks to heat up. Within seconds he knew who it was. The name Gavin Young rang through his head like the school bell he had left behind so long ago. He had seen the two talking the night before. He had also caught a glimpse of the two hugging, only for the boy in question to hand Ally a slip of paper. A slip of paper that could only contain one thing: his phone number. "Are you leaving to hang out with Gavin?" Ally's eyes widened at the mention of her new songwriting buddy. She shook her head.

"Wha-a-t?" Ally asked warily, dragging out the word nervously. Austin stated her down, causing her to give in. "It's not like that, Austin. It's just that... He wanted to write a song with me. He wants to break out of the country mold he's built up for himself, and I'm helping him. But just this once. I know that you and I are partners." Ally rambled, growing more antsy by the second. She didn't want to offend Austin by telling him where she was going. She had been hoping to slip out without him knowing to avoid something like this. He nodded suddenly, brining Ally's fave to scrunch up. "What?" He shrugged.

"I think that's good for you." He started, completely catching Ally off guard.

"What?" She asked in disbelief. He laughed lightly before continuing.