Chapter 6: Jacob

"Who- Who are you?!" I stammered and I cautiously stood from my bed and backed away from her. You'll never know what she will do to me, right? So I'd better be safe than sorry.

"I'm sorry I frightened you. I'm Lily. Lily Scotts." She said and offered me her hand to shake. I did shook it, in spite of my fear. But she does not look like  a murderer. She has pale blonde wavy hair that reaches up to about her hips, dark green eyes, a long nose, rosy cheeks and thin but red lips. She looks wonderful, honestly.

Jacob, she's a stranger!
Shut up.

She had a backpack with her and a box in one hand. Out of my curiosity, I asked, "What's  in that box?"

At first, she hesitated to answer, but instead of giving me an answer, she asked me, "Are you Jacob Portman?"

"How-How'd you know my name?!" This is getting too far.

"So you are him!" She said enthusiastically.

"Yes?" My palms are getting sweaty right now.

"It's going to be a long story, so I might as well come inside and close the door because this is suppose to be a secret."

"What is suppose to be a secret?"

"I'll tell you everything, don't worry." She said, closes the door and took a seat on my bed.

"First of all, I want to know how you got in my house?"

"I told your mom that I was a friend from school, and I've got a gift for you." She said and smirked.

"Okay. Second, I want to know how you found me."

"Well, somebody gave me your address."

"Who did?!"

" I was in Smart-Aid looking for stuff. I was about to pay and asked the man on the cashier  if he knows the strange death of an old man."

"So what did he say?" How does she know about grandpa's death? This girl is crazy!

"He says that he does know and I asked him the name of the man. He said that it was Abe Portman. I reckon he's your grandfather. He is, isn't he?"

"Yeah." That was all that I can say. How could she know everything?!

" I asked where his family lives and so he wrote your address and gave it to me. I went to wherever the address is, hoping it will lead me to you, and BAM! I'm here."

" So someone gave you an address and you went there?! You're crazy, you know?!"

" Come on, Jacob! You've got to face the facts! Well, let me admit it. Yes, I'm crazy because if I'm not, I wouldn't be here standing in front of you and I'm about to say some crazy stuff which I hope you will believe."

" I can see that. You're trying your best, don't worry." I said sarcastically.

"My best in what?"

" Your best in explaining, duh."

"Well, if you can, just shut up and listen will ya?!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"So, here I go." She said and took a deep breath. This is going to take long. " Two weeks ago, an incident happened in school. There was this girl. Her name is Lisa. Let's just say that she's not a friend of mine. During class, she handed me a letter and said things about me that I didn't like. Of course, I got angry and because of my anger, I thought of a knife going through her hand, when suddenly, she screamed. I looked at her hand. It was bleeding and looks as if a knife really went through it! I was afraid when that happened." She said and tears started to fall on her cheeks. I handed her the tissue box.