Bokuto Koutarou-Smile [Part 2]

Sorry I always post late, got super busy again (~_~;).
Anyhoo! Here is part 2! I only own the story, and hope you enjoy!

3rd person pov

You push open the gymnasium doors to be met by a group of highschool boys setting up a volleyball court.
You see your cousin holding up a net and meet his eyes, giving a silent nod for him to recognize your efforts in actually coming.
The rest of the team just stands bewildered by your sudden presence.

All is quiet, that is, until the captain walks in.

"Hey, hey, hey! [l/n] san! So you decided to come watch our practice after all!"

You stare blankly at him, not wanting to give him the satisfaction, you swiftly make your way to the stands. Without out batting an eye at him, you give one of your famous cold replies. "Akaashi wanted me to come, and I had nothing better to do, so I thought I'd amuse myself and come here."

Shrugging, you plop down on a seat and stare blankly at the team, arms crossed and once again silent.

Bokuto pouts his lips and furrows his brows at your answer, getting dejected by your icy-attitude.

Akaashi clears his throat to gain everyone's attention, "Um, well, this is my cousin, [l/n], [f/n], they are a 3rd year here at our school. I hope we can all greet them with enthusiasm for coming and show them our best."

Bokuto and the rest of the team seem to perk up a little at his words and all quickly greet you before returning to setting up.
Akaashi finishes with the net and makes his way over to you.
"Hey, [f/n], can you at least give them a chance? I know you're probably uncomfortable being here, but it would really make me happy if you gave a shot at making friends and having some fun. I really just want you to enjoy yourself."

You glare at him but then soften it a little. You  had been cutting of all sorts of social aspects of life, maybe watching your cousin play his favorite sport and play nice with his teammates wouldn't be so bad... after all, it was just one team of boys, most of whom weren't in your same grade. What harm could it really do to your silent reputation anyways?
You grumble a couple of incomprehensible words under your breathe before sighing in defeat and giving him a nod.

Akaashi takes a deep breath in and out before thanking you with a soft smile of gratitude.
"Maybe you could help us set up by filling water bottles? One of our managers is out sick and the other is busy with a science project so we'd really appreciate your help."

"Ok, sure. I can do that."
You take one of the carriers of bottles and start making you way towards the water fountains.

"Ne, Bokuto-san, go help her out with that, will ya?" Calls out a boy with neat, medium length dirty-blonde hair and narrow eyes.
Bokuto gives him a salute, "Roger, Akinori!"
and runs after you with the other case of bottles in hand.

You begin to fill up the bottles one at a time, taking note to fill them slowly so that they don't overflow. Concentrating on this task was helping you to get a bit more comfortable with this new environment. Everything seemed so alien and foreign, you were feeling a bit out of place, despite your cooler exterior.

You hear the squeak of sneakers coming up behind you and you turn around only to be met by the owl captain holding the other water bottle case.
He happily beems at you and starts filling bottles in the fountain next to you.

For a good minute it was quiet, only the noises of the faucet and trickling water, with occasional noises from the courts. Then the silence was finally broken by none other than Bokuto.
"I really am glad you decided to come, [l/n]. I'm sure you and the team will get along great! You always seem to act so cold, but I know that on the inside you're all warm and fuzzy, yeah?"
He looks over to you and offers a closed eye smile and screws the lid onto his last bottle.

Your expression becomes startled, and you look as taken-a-back as you feel on the inside. Was that supposed to compliment me? And what does he mean when he said 'warm and fuzzy'?
He looks at your troubled face and can't help but laugh, which seems to make you quite cross, but he couldn't help it! How could he with your face like that? He hadn't ever seen your face in any expression other than mild curiosity or annoyance before now.

"What is so funny?"
His laughing subsides and he waves his hand at you dismissively, "Nothing nothing, I have just never seen you show much of any emotion till now, it's... interesting." Giving you one last grin he walks back into the gym while you hurry to finish up your own bottles.
You think back on his statement and can't help but blush. How can he say such embarrassing things so easy?

~le time skip~

The practice has been quite the interesting experience. The team took to you very quickly, much to you suprise, and especially loved when you teased their captain from the sidelines.

"Hey, captain, when are you gonna start playing?" You taunt from the bleachers, well aware the practice was close to finished and that Bokuto had actually played plenty.

The boy in question turns his head towards you and squints at your figure on the bleachers.
"I can't tell whose worse, you or Kuroo... Maybe even Tsukishima! Hmmm, nah, no can be worse than Tsukishima. Hmm."
He thinks for a moment, then nods as he agrees with himself on the decision of Tsukishima being the living embodiment of the dead sea, and that no one could possibly be any saltier.

Rolling your eyes you lean back in your seat once again and look to the ceiling. You hadn't realized just how much fun you actually were having. Most of the people here were fairly nice, and as annoying as Bokuto was, he was fun to tease and strangely easy to get along with. You had never realized that you could get attached to these strangers so fast, and you hated admiting that you had.

A whistle is blown, and the team starts to deconstruct the court. You help and start putting away chairs and collecting balls, all while adding a snide remark here and there, naturally.

By the time everything is finished and the members start to head home, they all say a farewell to you before leaving, which dumbfounded you. How could these people accept me so easily? How is it that they still want me to be around, and come back again?
It feels... nice, like I'm wanted by others somewhere. I..have a place to belong.

Just as the last person leaves, a brilliant smile makes its way onto your face. To finally belong somewhere, and have people to count on, felt so damn nice! You hadn't had this feeling for so long, you'd forgotten how good it felt.

Bokuto looks over at you and catches his breath. Shocked, he stares at your face with a loss for words (for once).
"Oh wow."
Your head whips over in his direction and the smile quickly disappears and is replaced by a familiar pout.

"Aaaahhh, why'd you stop?" Bokuto whines, making his way towards you and wrapping an arm around your shoulders, "You should really smile more often, it suits you!"

Whaaaaaaaaah! I totally forgot to do this on time, I'm such a failure with deadlines!!!! Anyway, all that matters is whether or not you all enjoyed it!
Please do leave a comment for any requests you have, I'd be happy to take them! Bye bye!~ (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)