Bokuto Koutarou-Smile [Part 1]

Ugh, why must I always post so late, it must be so annoying to you guys, sorry. As always I only own the story and I hope that it isn't super cliche and is to your liking!
Thanks to Mabel428  for this request! Hope you all enjoy!

You were Akaashi's older cousin, a third year at Fukurondani. You, like your cousin, preffered to stay on the quiet side and keep out of things. You hated to be the center of attention and tried to stay as invisible as possible. Over half of your classmates didn't even know your name, and you wanted to keep it that way. Involving yourself with others would only lead to problems later on down the road.

And then he found out about you.

You were at Akaashi's house one evening. You often visited since his parents weren't usually home and it was a quiet place for you to study. Not to mention your cousin's company was one you could actually find comfort in.

But one thing you didn't expect was an unexpected visitor, and a loud one at that.

You hear the front door open and the familiar "I'm home." From Akaashi, and then a boisterous voice you had never heard before exclaiming in delight and wonder,
"Akaashi! Your place is so clean!"
You hear you cousin sigh, "Yes Bokuto san, and can we please keep it that way?"
Bokuto? Who- Oh yeah...
Akaashi had mentioned him before, the easily dejected captain of the volleyball team, and one of Akaashi's best friends.

Sh!t! Why didn't he warn me that he was having friends over beforehand! Oh no, what am I going to do if they see-
But your thoughts were rudely interrupted by the same loud voice from before,
"Whaaaaaaa?! Akaashi! You never told me you had such a pretty sister!!"

You flinch, dammit, he has taken notice of me!
"Ah, that's actually my cousin, [l/n] [f/n]."
You send Akaashi a glare, how dare he reveal your identity! The traitor!!
"She goes to our school."
Bokuto's golden orbs quicky examin your face, searching for any signs of familiarity, but finding none. "Then how come I've never seen her before now?"

You finally decide it was no longer any use to keep quiet, since the secret was out, and speak up, "Because I like to keep to myself."
Bokuto jumps at your cold words and icy tone with wide owlike eyes and an expression full of surprise, "Uooooh! It speaks!!!"

Your glare hardens in annoyance and you look to your cousin to try to get him to notice your discomfort in the current situation, but he either is clueless of your state or dismissed it.

"Are you always this quiet? Don't you talk more with your friends?" The captain inquires, head tilted to the side in a quizzical mannor. It was actually quite funny, like a confused owl cocking it's head.
"Friends are a waste of time and effort, so I don't have any." You reply curtly, your voice still monotonous and cold.

Bokuto's face contorts back to it's earlier expression of surprise, "Whaaaa!? That's no good! Everyone needs at least one friend, if not more!" He places his hands on his hips, chest puffed slightly as if he were proudly lecturing a pupil on the matter if friendship. He turns to Akaashi, "Right, Akaashi?"

Your cousin looks between Bokuto and you, weighing his options:
He could either
A.) Agree with his captain
Or
B.) Side with you
Option A would make you cross with him, but it may be a chance to finally get you to socialize and start to enjoy people more, have new experiences, etc. That or possibly just egg Bokuto on enough to have you be frequently pestered by the captain.
Option B would end up dejecting Bokuto while keeping in good terms with you still, but his best friend would probably be too disheartened to properly study.

Akaashi wanted you to see you laugh and smile more, like how you used to before you became hesitant to trust others, maybe trying to get you out there and making new friends was a good thing, plus option B would be much more annoying.

"The more the merrier."

Bokuto grins widely and nods in agreement
"Say, [l/n]-san, how about tomorrow you join us at our practice! We could introduce you to the team and the managers and get you to make some fun buddies!"

Bokuto looked at you with hopeful eyes and a  big grin. You hesitate before opening your mouth to decline his offer when your cousin beats you to it and interjects.
"Let's let her think about it and answer us tomorrow, for now let's get to studying."
Akaashi ushers Bokuto into the direction of his room and looks back to shoot you a glance before continuing to push his captain down the hall.

Why did he have to go and say that? Does he want me to go? Should I?....
You scrunch up your face as you concentrate on a decision without any luck on making one. You give an exasperated sigh and head over to the front door, put on your shoes and leave. Guess I really will give them my answer tomorrow, huh?

~Time Skip~

You yawn loudly as you make your way to school. You had recieved some pretty bad bags and dark circles under your eyes due to lack of sleep. How could you get to sleep when all you could think about was that stupid decision?

Grumpy and tired, you arrive at the front of the school at its gates. Only seconds after you step foot on the campus grounds, you hear a loud and fast approaching presence behind you.
"[YYYYYYYYY/NNNNNNNNNN] SAAAAN!!!"
Groaning in agitation, you speed up your pace in a futile effort to get away before they got to you.

Said presence leaps in front of your path, blocking you from the shoe lockers. "Morning, [y/n] san!" Bokuto cheers, obviously feeling quite proud of himself to have caught you just in time.

You scowl, but nonetheless play along with it,
"Good morning, Bokuto san."
"Geh- man, you could use a different tone of voice you know. Talking all monotone like that makes you sound too much like Akaashi!"

"Hah?" You give him a blank stare and pass him before hurrying yourself to get to your class.
What a bother he is...

You were one of the first to enter the classroom, per usual, you always arrived early. Making your way to your desk, you heard some of the few students who had already arrived's whispers about you and Bokuto's interaction that morning.
Que your eye twitch, and agitated expression as you plopped down into your desk.

Class begins and you can't stop thinking about the loud captain and meeting the team later. It was all that filled your mind; there was no room to think of anything else but that.

You sigh and gaze at the random pen markings left in the desk by the previous years' students. There were names written and forgotten, both crude and elegant drawings of various things like animals, robots, etc. and stray pen and pencil marks littered all over and scattered across the desk's surface like stars on the night sky. Thinking about all of that got you mind off of him.
Before you knew it, classes were over and it was time to confront the team.

I really don't want to do this....
Maybe I can just bail...- no! I have to prove to them that I really don't need friends!! Yeah!

You do your best to cheer yourself on as you approach the gym doors. Squeezing you hands into tight fists and taking a large shaky breathe, you reach for the handle and pull...

Yay! Part 2 will be posted tomorrow because I need to finish editing it after school tomorrow, hope this was okay, and thank you for reading!