Chapter 2: Name Changes

Day 2

November 26, 2012

Char’s flat- 7:00 AM

BEEP BEEP BE.. 

 I hit the snooze, then, knowing that the alarm would just sound again, I just unplugged it all together. 

Today is going to be a very tiring day. Leave it to Charlotte, the laziest person in the world to pick a career that's 24/7. It is also a career in which I have to look my best at all times. It took me a while to get used to that with me being a t shirt, sweats and messy hair kind of girl. Niall does not take the dress code seriously. He comes into work always casual. Paul gets angry but knows he can't get rid of Niall. An eye for detail like Niall is very hard to come by. We're working on his professionalism. 

I rolled out of bed like I did routinely every morning and checked my phone surprisingly no new messages or missed calls. I took a deep sigh of relief and walked to my closet only to be greeted by Charlie my little Pomeranian. I made a mental note then to feed him after I changed. A nice pair of khakis and nice blouse will do for today. I hate dresses, heels and makeup.

I slipped on my clothes for the day, fed Charlie then proceeded to my small kitchen. The one bedroom flat I lived in was enough for me and Charlie. Of course I couldn't afford to live in the most luxurious place but I'm pretty satisfied with the community I live in. It was about 30 minutes away from work and 45 minutes from the city. I don't mind the ride to work it's just the waking up on time to get there part gets to me. I've only been late once or twice because I missed the train but thank God Niall has a car.  

 Tea is the closest thing to eating I do every morning. It's a part of my morning routine. I looked in the cupboard. Shit ... I forgot to cross get more tea off my mental to do list. I'm not going to be sane without my tea. Luckily there is always tea at work. I got to remind myself to get a cup there or I won't be able to focus. Milk will have to do for now.

............ 

It was rainy today which is common here so it was slow on the train this morning.  

After the train I have about a 10 minute walk to the office building which is why I always wear my comfortable shoes and switch to my not so comfortable heels when I get inside. 

It's pretty normal in the office as I enter it. I took the lift to the third floor where I work. I was welcomed by Niall’s bright face when the lift doors opened. 

"Morning Char" he smiled at me 

"Good morning Niall." I stepped out of the lift and we both walked to the office we shared. 

"So what are you doing here so bright and early?" Niall was usually here at least 30 minutes after me 

"Well you know there's nothing I love more than a fresh new case. I got here early to do some more research on this Natalie girl." 

"Did you find anything yet?"  

"Nope... but I do have a hunch"