Chapter 18 - The News

Arabelle followed her angry father into his office. Her mother stood at the door. She had a feeling she was going to need to step in on her daughters behalf.

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW! I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE AN ABORTION AND THAT THING IS OUT OF YOU!"

Arabelle stepped back. She felt like her dad just hit her in the gut. "This is my baby and I will not have an abortion." Arabelle wanted to scream back at her father but she could hardly breath at the thought of her father's demands.

He got right in Arabelle's face and whispered back. "I will tie you down and rip it out of you myself if you refuse to do it willingly. I will not allow you to bring that thing into my house."

Her mother had enough. She had kept quiet long enough.

"BACK AWAY FROM HER RIGHT NOW! SHE WILL HAVE THE BABY AND IF YOU TALK ABOUT ABORTION ANYMORE, I WILL TAKE ARABELLE AND LEAVE AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE US AGAIN!"

She then put her arm around Arabelle and led her out. "Arabelle I want you to pack a bag and have it down and in the trunk of the car. I have never seen your father like this and if we have to leave, we wont have time to wait to pack."

Arabelle was in shock. All she could do was nod her head and walk up to follow through with her mother's request.

After Arabelle put the bag in the car, into the kitchen and grabbed as much food as she possibly could hold onto and went up to her room. She was crying so hard she could barely breath.

She was heart broken. As she began to eat she thought of everything going on. How her father locked her away, the baby that Fleur may never know about and now her mother on the verge of leaving her father because of it.

Arabelle didn't know how long she had been sitting there thinking when a knock came at the door. The knob turned and Fleur walked through the door holding flowers and a box of chocolates.

"FLEUR!" Arabelle jumped off the bed and into her arms. Just as they were about to kiss, Arabelle woke from her dream. She curled up and began to cry again. She hugged her stomach as she cried.

"Oh Fleur."

***

Fleur abruptly woke up from her sleep, breathing heavily. Fleur rubbed her chest and calm herself. "What the fuck was with that dream." She says and sighed.

Suddenly, a knocked was heard and her mother opened the door. "Oh, you're up. You have visitors." Antonia says and let Francesca and Clementine in. "I'll prepare some refreshment." Antonia says before closing the door.

"Are you okay?" Francesca asked.

Fleur nodded. "I'm fine. Any news?" Fleur asked.

Francesca and Clementine looked at each other. "Fleur we have something to tell you." Right then Fleur's heart dropped from her chest. She's ready to hear everything. For better for worst. Clementine present a letter to Fleur.

Fleur reached for it and began to opened it. She read through it and was shocked. She looked up to her friends who's nodding and looked back at the letter. "Shes... pregnant?" Fleur breath out. A little smile crept to her face.

Tears began to flow from her eyes and Fleur buried her face on the paper. "She's pregnant. And I'm not there with her.. she's alone.." Francesca went to her side and touched Fleur's shoulder.

"Arabelle and her mother both decided to move out of the mansion, leaving uncle Jeffrey." Fleur looked up. "What happen?" Clementine sat on Fleur's bed.

"Her father wants her to abort the baby. But mrs Weston and Arabelle will not do that. They had a huge fight and decided move out." Fleur wiped her tears. "Where are they now? Where will they live?" Francesca shrugged her shoulder.