Chapter 7-What Now?

-Tris POV-

I make it back to the ranch at about noon on Sunday. Without pausing, I head into my apartment and jump in the shower. I smell like the bar!

After I'm out of the shower and dry off, I dress in jeans, boots, and a button down, long sleeve shirt. I head out to walk around the barn and look at the horses. I want to relax and spending time with horses helps me do that.

I stop at different pens to pat necks and talk to the horses as I slowly head toward the barn. I'm sitting on the rail of one pen just watching the horses, when I hear, "What are you doing out here?"

Startled, I turn around and see Four. "I think a better question is why are you here? I didn't think you worked on Sundays, except for feeding until my grandpa is back on his feet."

Four nods toward the far pen. "I wanted to check on the yearling."

-Four POV-

Tris looks beautiful sitting on the fence looking at the horses. Zeke had given me a heads up when she left his place. I had assumed that I could get here and check the yearling and leave without seeing her. I really don't know what to say to her. Once again it's like I'm back in high school and can't talk to girls. Well, no. Actually it's that I don't know how badly I screwed up last night and I'm not sure I want to find out.

--Flashback to last night--

As I pull into the bar's parking lot, I see Tris' truck parked there. Well, I guess that means I have to look forward to singing tonight. Fuck, I hate losing. Well maybe beer will get me in a better mood.

I stroll into the bar, barely looking around. I walk right up to where Zeke is. He smiles when he sees me. Smirking a little he says, "So, are you looking for Tris?"

"Yes and no. I saw her truck but I'm looking for a beer."

Zeke just nods and goes to fill a mug. He sits it down next to a half filled mug already on the bar. I kind of glance at him in question. He knows that I usually sit in back, away from everyone. He recognizes the unasked question and tells me, "Tris is sitting here."

With that I sit down on the barstool in front of the filled mug, choosing to ignore Zeke's smirk. I grab my beer and look around trying to find Tris when I see her dancing. It looks like she is with Edward. What the hell is she doing dancing? Just then the song ends and they break apart. I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. I see Tris leave Edward and start walking toward the bar. Before she is off the dance floor, someone pulls her back. Fucking Eric! I start to stand up when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I glare over to Zeke who is standing there looking way more serious than he ever does.

"Stay sitting here. If you break the bar again, especially fighting Eric, you will be banned. I was barely able to talk Tori into letting you back in after last time."

I don't say anything, but keep glaring at him.

"They are just dancing. Look for yourself."

At that I look over and see them dancing. Where Tris had been smiling when she danced with Edward, she has a scowl on her face now, but they are just dancing. As I watch them I keep clenching and unclenching my fists. God, this song cannot end fast enough.

Once the song does end, I watch carefully as Tris manages to get away from Eric. I take a couple of deep breaths trying to get myself to relax. Before I know it, Tris is sitting next to me taking a large drink from her mug. When she finishes, she turns to me, smiles, and asks, "So, when are you going to sing for me?"