6|| Percy

"The Firebolt," Harry read for them. "This state of the art racing broom sports a streamlined, superfine handle of ash, treated with a diamond-hard polish and hand-numbered with it's own registration number. Each individually selected birch twig in the broom tail has been honed to aerodynamic perfection, giving the Firebolt unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. The Firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles and hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable braking charm. Price on request."

Ron sighed longingly. "Price on request, huh? Bloody hell, that broom's amazing quality."

"But it's expensive," Harry said. "And no, you're not pulling a Malfoy with your fancy-never ending moneybags," he warned Percy.

"Actually, they're not never-ending, Hecate just charmed them to withdraw from the vault. Which, I guess could seem like never ending, so, never mind." Hazel said.

Ron sighed. "Gee, how that makes me feel so much better."

Percy poked the boy's moneybag looped in Jason's belt. "We could get your schoolbooks for you--"

"No! No, I'm fine, thank you very much" Ron's ears turned red. "Let's get our stuff, shall we?"

"Harry, did you really blow up your aunt?" Hermione asked as they went to Flourish and Blotts. The demigods chuckled at Harry's expression.

"I didn't mean to," He defended. "I just-- lost control."

"It's not funny, Ron," Hermione said sharply to Ron who had given a loud snort. "Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."

"Nah, Corneli-- Fudge decided to give Harry a buttered crumpet instead," Hazel said, glancing up at the small dinging bell announcing their arrival to the bookshop. The manager came hurrying up to them, nearly fainting at the size of their group.

"Hogwarts?" He asked through a pained smile.

"Yeah, we're looking for--" Frank was cut off quite abruptly by the manager's look on his face.

"Right this way," he said, seizing a large, knobbly stick. For a moment, Percy thought he was a monster about to attack them, but then the manager headed over to a large cage and began whacking at some books.

"How many of you are there?" His gaze swept over Harry. "Don't tell me yours got destroyed now, did it?"

"Don't worry, I'm all good," Harry assured them. Annabeth was looking at the way the manager was hitting the books and snorted.

"Let me try, I think I can help," she said, walking up. The manager looked at her cautiously, but stepped gratefully away all the same.

Annabeth took the stick and rapped sharply on the cage bars. "Monster book of Monsters!" she scolded. "Get in line!"

The manager looked ready to faint as all the books stopped tearing each other apart and stacked up neatly in rows. "How-- how--"

Annabeth smirked. "I have a way with books," she said, calmly opening the cage door. The books squirmed eagerly into her hands, making a soft noise that sounded like purring.

"Here, Percy-- Piper-- Hermione-- Frank-- Jason-- Nico-- Hazel-- Ron-- Thalia--" Annabeth passed out some books. Percy held his away as it snapped at him. "Do you have a rope?" He asked nervously to the manager. The manager was still staring at Annabeth.

"Young lady, how in the name of Merlin did you do that?" He asked, gaping. Annabeth shrugged, her eyes glittering. "I told you, I have a way with books."

"Right," The manager snapped out of it. "What else can I help you with?"

They walked around the store, finding their textbooks and stacking them up slowly. Eventually, they all got their books. Harry shifted Unfogging the Future to his right arm and glanced at Hermione in disbelief. "Hermione, why do you have so many?"