9. Aren't you cute

Start from the beginning

"Well for once I'm on your side," Jason announces as he walks up to us.

"Done being pissed off at me?" I ask, rising to my feet as he comes over.

He gives me a guarded look. "Yes." He finally says before turning away from me and Devin. "I'll even do you a favor to make up for it."

He starts walking in the direction of the pool.

Cody's still trying to get Eleanor to get in the pool and she's still complaining it's cold. Just give up already. Is it really that important?

Jason walks right by them, right behind Eleanor, and stops, dangerously close to her.

"Boo." He says simply.

Her reaction. Priceless.

She jumps like ten feet in the air and lets out a blood-curdling scream, worthy of any horror movie victim.

She tries her best to regain her footing and reaches out with shaking arms to Jason...who pushes her backward into the pool.

She lets out another scream louder than the first and hits the water with a splat, water flying everywhere. She acts as if she's falling into lava.

Jason just stands and stares, an amused smile on his lips as he shakes trying his best not laugh while Cody shoots him a deadpan look.

I however, don't even bother trying to hide my laughter. Even Devin begins to laugh along with me. Jason finally begins to laugh as well.

Eleanor surfaces and begins to sputter out water causing me and Jason to laugh even harder.

The sliding door opens and Chase walks out. He looks between Eleanor to Jason, and then back over to me and Devin. I notice the exact moment when all the pieces fall into place but he does nothing more than rolls his eyes and walks back into the house, muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "children" under his breath.

Wise choice.

Cody begins telling Jason off. Jason holds his hand up to his ear as if he can't hear him before waving him off and walking over towards me.

Cody grumbles as Jason flips him off. Eleanor pulls herself out of the pool and Devin goes over to hand her a towel. Really?

Jason comes to a stop in front of me. "Any good place to get a drink around here?" He asks. I raise my eyebrows at him and motion for him to elaborate further. He rolls his eyes. "If I stay here any longer I'm going to drown her," He jerks his thumb in her direction. "And I don't think you'd be the first person to stop me."

I smile at him, like genuinely smile. I can't remember the last time I smiled like this. I shake my head at him.

"Let's go," I respond simply. "And you're right, I wouldn't stop you." I turn to him and give a sinister smile. "But I'd help you hide the body."

***

There aren't really any bars around here so, me and Jason settle on a Barbecue and Grill restaurant towards the edge of the city.

"Thank-you," Jason says to the waiter as he places the two beers on the table. Jason pushes one over to me, I push it back.

"I don't drink," I reply in response to his curious gaze.

"Don't or won't?" He asks and I give him a flat look.

"I'm underage."

"That doesn't stop a lot of people." He says as he takes a swing of his beer. He pushes the other back over towards me. "And you look like you need one."