6: The Boy Who Actually Did Something Decent For Once

a/n: Decided to post an extra chapter today since the last one was so short. Enjoy!

==>

Someone told me he went with Letha. Someone also told me that some girl tried to take him home. It's not the girl trying to take him home that bothers me. It's the fact that he didn't go home with her because I know that's something Roman wouldn't do. Why didn't he go home with her?

Why do I even care?

The weekend passed by slowly. It's now Monday morning, and I'm ready to pass out from my lack of sleep. I answer a text message from my mother as a cup of coffee is put in front of my face. I grab the cup and look at who gave it to me.

"Good morning, pretty girl," Roman says with a smile on his face.

I debate whether or not I should throw the steaming cup of coffee in his face. "What did you do? Spit in it?" I ask.

"Consider it me making things up to you."

I stare at him, completely dumbfounded. I actually can't help but laugh. "You think a cup of coffee is all it takes?"

He flashes me a look. "I'm not an idiot."

I shrug my shoulders. "That's debatable," I mutter.

"Shut up," he snaps. "Do you want the coffee or not?"

I look at the coffee and hesitate. "If I wasn't so tired I would probably turn this down, but I'll take it."

He smiles. "You're welcome, pretty girl."

I try to fight my own grin. "Thanks," I reply. I take a drink out of my coffee and let out a sigh. "So, what's up with you and that Peter guy? Are you like buddies now or something?"

"What?"

"It's all the school is talking about. You're hanging around the werwolf."

He shrugs.

I chuckle. "You don't seriously believe he's a werewolf, do you?"

"What if he is?" he asks.

"It's ridiculous! Everyone knows that werewolves aren't real." I close my locker door and Roman walks with me as we head to my classroom.

"No one knows who he is or where he came from."

"Yeah, but a werewolf? I don't know why people are listening to a freshman, though. I heard she was the one who started the rumor. Her name is Christina or something."

"I don't care," he says.

"Anyway," I start, changing the subject back to Peter, "I hear you've been hanging around him lately. Didn't the police find you two lurking around the field where that girl's body was found?"

"I was only there because I was following him. I don't know what he was doing there."

I nod my head. "That's not...creepy or anything," I reply hesitantly.

His cheeks flush. "I'm not hanging around him. We're not...buddies."

I gasp. "Oh! This is where you finally come out of the closet to me then, right?!" I exclaim. "You two are fuck buddies?!"