Chapter Four

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm at the gym and I'll probably come late to the party, you'd have to find someone else to drive you."

"First, why are you at the gym when you're lazy as hell," which wasn't true. When he worked out at home he worked like a motherfucker. But never at the gym since he hated the public display. "Second, why the hell can't you pick me up?"

"Don't use hell twice, it makes you seem uncool. And I was forced to help my mom out at the gym so I'm stuck a couple of hours. By the way, you've seen me naked. You know I'm not lazy."

I grossed out at the memory of it. I'd rather not tell you about it, but since it probably picked out your interest, I figure I'll have to do it.

So as summer approached and sophomore year ended Nove and I went swimming. As the idiot wanted to impress the guys at the beach and took off his clothes, he did it quite too fast. He dragged his pants down and along with it, his swimsuit/boxer. A few girls started whistling at him and boy if he got red.

Everywhere.

But Nove was right in one thing. He was not lazy when it came to working out. He was good looking and he knew it.

"Whatever," I muttered. "See you there, loser."

"Bye, whore."

Since you know I'm not completely unpopular it was nothing for me to call someone to pick me up. Jay was more than willing and he knew I was grounded so if he had to wait a bit longer than what he wanted too, he understood.

Thankfully everyone at the house crashed an hour until midnight and I got out quickly.

"Quite the badass, huh?" Jay chuckled as I settled into his car. I laughed and shrugged.

"You know how I am,"

He nodded and with funny chatters and laughs we got the party in high spirits.

And boy if it was loud. I won't bore you with details of how high school parties went, but in England it could get pretty nasty. People were literally having it on the front porch. And since the house was pretty high and wide, with dark corners and all, they were probably having it everywhere else too. I was surprised the cops hadn't arrived yet, but it was only matter of time. I had been to a few parties on my own so I knew and was prepared. I was a dare devil, being grounded and all, but I wouldn't let it bother me as I went through the open door and dubstep filled my ears with delight. Jay waved a goodbye as he saw his buds at the sofa and I waved right back. Then I looked after the alcohol as if life depended on it. I wasn't a lightweight, mind you, but the little cocktail in my hand was enough to give me a slight buzz. It was probably spiked with something strong, but the buzz was little and I only wanted just as much.

"Such a girly drink," someone commented by my side and I raised a brow as I turned to whoever who had insulted my drink.

Yes, I took my alcohol serious. Don't judge.

"Excuse me?" I snapped as I looked into grey blue eyes. The guy was a prodigy of some actor. Maybe Johnny Depp since he gave me a feeling that reminded me of a pirate. A drunk, cute pirate.

"Pink cocktail with a little umbrella? Please, this is not Sex and the City," the guy rolled his eyes as he lifted his beer to my reach of grabbing.

"Drink this, coward."

There was no pressure except to show him he was wrong. That I was no fucking coward. But the sheer thought being drunk made me change my mind.

"No thanks, I'd rather be drunk another day." I smiled sweetly at him, before trying to walk away. And I say trying, since the fucker had his hands on me.