Chapter ☆ 7

|Laurielle|

"Well..." I hesitated. All eyes were on me. Just then, the doctor walked in.

Before, he could say something, Ty spoke, "Doc, can you tell us what caused her to pass out?"

The doctor looked at the chart, "She had a panic attack."

Everyone looked from the doctor to me. I didn't know what to say. I knew I would have to tell thrm the truth, or Chris would do it for me.

The doctor walked out, but I was the only one who notice because I was trying to avoid eye contact with everyone else.

"What was you panicking about?"

"Well..." I thought. "I was at my house with Chris, when my ex came. I didn't know what to do or say. And I just fainted." I lied. I looked at Chris who gave me a mean look. He walked out of the room without saying anything.

"I'm going to see what's wrong with Chris," Ty kissed Vanessa then left.

|Chris|

I can't believe Laurielle just lied like that. I walked out of the room and leaned against the cold wall outside of her room. Ty came out and looked at me, "What's wrong wit' you?"

"Nothing," I lied. "I'm going home, man. I'll see you later." I daped him up and left the hospital. I got in my car and drove off to my house.

|Vanessa|

"The doctor said you can go home tomorrow. So, we're gonna go and we'll see you tomorrow before you leave." I stood up to leave along with Michael.

We got into the car, "She's lying."

"What?" He looked at me then back to the road.

"I've known Laurielle since she was a baby. I know how to tell when she's lying and that's not what happened."

"Nessa, how do you know she's lying?"

"Whenever she lies, she looks guilty. She lying and Chris knows what happened, that's why he walked out," I explained. "Turn here."

"But this is not the way," He protested.

"I know, but just do what I say."

He turned. I laughed to my self because I got that ass in check. I told him to pull into the driveway leading to the huge house and I laughed again, only louder this time.

He looked at me like I was crazy then asked, "Why are we at Chris' house?"

"'Cause I want to find out what happened," I said, getting out of the car.

I knocked on the door.

"Nessa, get back in the car." Just as I was about to say something, Chris opened the door.

"What really happened? I know you know."

He looked like he was thinking. "I can't tell you, Vanessa. You have to ask her.." He said then closed the door in my face. I walked back to the car.

"I told you." Michael said pulling off.

"Shut up."

|Laurielle|

I've been calling and texting Chris for hours. I grabbed my phone again and dialed his number again. This time, he answered.

"What?" He answered, annoyed.

"Chris! Don't hang up! I'll explain everything to you."

"Okay."

"I-I'm a drug dealer. But my boss wanted me to do a kidnapping job, instead of selling. He told me if I didn't do it, he would kill me, so I did it. The girl is the daughter of some man who was fucking around with my boss' business. She was also the person my ex cheated on my with. Then, you found out, and everything went downhill."

He didn't say anything. "Chris?"

"I'm here."

"Do you understand now."

"Yeah," He said. "Laurielle?"

"Yeah?"

"If you want us to work out, you've gotta get out."

"I'm trying to, Chris. But it's not easy." I started to tear up.

"Laurielle, I'm here for you. No matter what. Whenever you need me, just call. I'll always be there for you."

His words were so sincere. They made me feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. He is the sweetest man ever.

"Thank you, Chris."

"You're welcome. Is there anything else you need to tell me?"

"Uh... I'm bisexual and my ex was a girl." I tried to say it quietly so he couldn't hear, but I failed.

"Oh shit! For real?!"

I shook my head.

"Goodnight, Chris." I smiled.

"Goodnight, Laurielle." He hung up.

I fell asleep, awaiting for tomorrow.

~~~

The Next Day

Chris sat on the edge of my bed, holding my hand and stroking it with his thumb.

"Want me to go with you?"

"Please?"

He is going with me to tell Shawn I'm leaving the game. Shawn called me last night in the middle of y sleep. He said he let Kenya go because her father admitted to threatening him and said he wouldn't do it again as long as he gave back Kenya. Just to be sure he was being honest, Shawn shot Kenya in the arm and her father somewhere twice, but they're not dead.

Chris looked deep into my eyes. I looked into his, they were big, brown, and they make you just want to melt. He leaned in and so did I. Just before our lips connected, my room door flew open. Ty and Vanessa walked in. Chris and I immediately pulled back. He looked at me and I gave him a sympathetic look. He smiled then got up and daped Ty up and hugged Vanessa.

Vanessa walked over to the small bedside table full of flowers, balloons, heart shaped chocolates, and a teddy bear. "Oh my goodness!" She said and placed both of her hands over her mouth.

"What?" Ty came up behind her.

"Chris, did you give her all this stuff?" He nodded. "Aww, that's so sweet!"

Chris looked at me and smiled and I smiled back.

The doctor came in with the release papers. I signed them and walked out the hospital with Chris, Ty, and Vanessa.

"Bye, L." Vanessa and Ty waved and walked off.

I stood there with Chris. Neither one of us said anything.

"W-" Before I could finish what I was going to say, Chris grabbed me and kissed me. His right hand now rested on my waist while his left rested on my ass.

He pulled away and grabbed my hand. We walked off to his car and got in. He started the car and we drove off to Shawn.

~~~

What you think about Chris and Laurielle?

Will Laurielle get out?

Will Laurielle tell the truth when Vanessa asks her what really happened?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘