Who You Truly Are

Rose's POV

I open the door and boom. All these flashbacks hit me.

Flashback

Mommy and daddy are in another meeting that I'm not allowed to attend. I just get to sit outside the door. But, I wanna know! I'm 6 years old now. I should know. There's lock on the door. A lock that isn't like any other. I need to make a plan to get in.

I saw mommy one time wave her hand and she disappeared. So, I'll try it. I repeat the motion and think of the council room. Suddenly, I open my eyes and I'm in the room. No one notices me. I run up to mommy. She's in a heated discussion. I hear my name. I listen in.

"They're coming." Mommy says with fear in her eyes.

"Who?" I say. No one hears me.

"The werewolves." My daddy answers. I feel sick. Wow. I've never felt this way before. I hope I never feel this way again. I scream at the top of my lungs. Suddenly, everyone's head turns to me. Oh oh. They can see me.

"Rose!! What are you doing here?!" My mommy exclaims!

"I should be asking you about the werewolves!" I yell back. I'm good at comebacks.

Everyone in the room starts screaming.

End flashback

Wait. What? I can't remember the rest! What happened!? I don't know what to do??

Flashback

I'm 16 now. Mom and dad want to talk to me. Probably in trouble again. Shit. I shouldn't cuss. I don't want this to be habit. Oh well. I feel sick. I have always felt a little sick since that day. Weird. Oh well.

"Rose?" My dad says to me.

"Yes, dad?" I answer smiling at him. Hoping I'm not in trouble.

"You're mother and I need to talk to you."

"Okay?" I answer.

"We have a special heritage that we have to keep hidden. But, with that heritage comes with special gifts." He tells me calmly.

"Like what?" I say.

"You'll find it on your 18th birthday."

"Why do I have to wait so long?" I whine. Fuck. Shit. Damn my cursing is becoming a habit.

"Start packing your stuff."

"Why?" I say frantically.

"You're going on a vacation to Miami."

"Yayyyy! Thanks mom. Thanks dad." I thank them.

"But, we won't be coming with you." My mom tells me.

"Even better!!" I stand up with excitement.

Mom hands me what looks like a sparkling glass of what looks like whine. My parents tear up, probably because I'm getting older and they don't want to see me grow up. I chug it down like a boss. As I drift off to sleep I hear.

"This is who you truly are." My parents say I unison.