Christine got in her car, pulled out her cell phone, and began driving. She dialed a number she knew she should call.

"Hello?"

"Hey!" Christine could not hide her distress.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing.. I mean, it's everything.. I mean, I don't know!"

"Whoa, Christine, calm down. Is it your mom? I'm really sorry about her voice-"

Christine interrupted. "No, no, it's not Mom. It's-..."

"It's what?"

"I think you should just come over."

"Now?"

"Please?"

"Ok, no problem. I'll be over in a few minutes."

"Thank you so much, Meg! I'll see you soon." She closed her cell phone and looked towards the road with both hands on the wheel. What is wrong with me?

-------

Erik closed his apartment door wearily and leaned against it. What is wrong with me? It was the first time in his life when he didn't feel in control.

Erik always felt in control. He had to in order to survive this judgmental world. But, the previous forty-five minutes had proven to be the most uncontrolled he'd ever experienced.

He needed to talk to someone. Erik had no idea what to make of anything, and he sure as hell wasn't going to be able to figure it out without help. That was another thing- he'd never needed help before.

So, with his previous phone call in mind, he dialed Nadir's number once more.

"Erik," Nadir bluntly announced.

"Nadir, we must meet." Erik could not hide the nerves in his voice.

"Erik, what is it?" Nadir no longer sounded hostile due to the abrupt end of their previous conversation. Something was seriously wrong with his friend.

"We have much to discuss, but it cannot be over phone. It just cannot be. P-please, Nadir." 'Please' was usually not in his vocabulary. "We have always been able to talk. You have always understood."

Please? Please! Erik never says 'please'. "Alright, Erik. We will meet. Please, calm down. When should we?"

"Soon." Erik downed a shot of brandy shakily. "Today. I will drive to Indianapolis."

"Erik, that is three hours!"

"Yes, I know. I do not care. Is there a park nearby your residence?"

"Y- yes. Um, let's see... I will meet you at Willard Park, alright? Call if you get lost."

"I will. See you soon." Erik was already out the door when he ended their conversation. Like a mad man, he got in his car and began the long drive.

-------

"Christine, it's not that bad!" The girls were lounged in Christine's room, she having just told the whole story of her time with Erik.

Christine just needed to get it out. She was normally able to bottle things pretty well, but this time was different. "Meg, it's horrible! He is my teacher! Seriously, what happened wasn't good."

"Erik's pretty hot in that whole tall and dark way, Chris. We both know that. Anybody would know that. Trust me, things can definitely happen when you're working with a guy alone at his house. Girl, I'm surprised this is the first time. But gosh, I'm saying 'first time' like something actually happened! Nothing even happened! Seriously, you're fine."

"You weren't there, Meg. You didn't feel what I felt. I could sense his feelings, too. They were the same as mine. We were so close.."

Meg rolled her eyes. "Ok, I'm thinking you're putting a lot more into this than you should be. But, I know why," she added with a grin.

"Why?" Please, tell me why!" Christine was desperate.

"Well, isn't it obvious? You've got a thing for Erik."

Christine froze in her seat. Meg's words replayed in her mind. She whispered, "What?"

"You heard me."

"But... no.. you can't be right. I've been his student since I was twelve years old. He's my teacher, nothing more."

"You can just keep telling yourself that, Chris. Doesn't mean it's going to be true."

Christine blinked and shook her head. "No. No, Meg. I think you're wrong. I was just getting really into his song, that's all. Yeah, it was nothing. You were right the first time. Erik's justmy teacher, nothing more." She watched as Meg looked at her still grinning.

He's just my teacher. He's your teacher, Christine.. Your teacher..