The title fascinated Christine. "Is it complete?" she asked excitedly.

"The first draft, yes. I am in the process of revising."

Hesitantly, she asked the question she longed to let out. "Do you think I could possibly.. hear it?"

Softly, Erik replied, "Yes, I think that is very possible. Allow me to obtain the violin."

Christine waited anxiously for the treat ahead. When he returned, she made herself comfortable on the couch and set her cup down. Fully attentive, she watched him.

With grace it seemed only Erik could possess, he brought the violin to rest under his chin and raised the bow. Then, before even beginning the song, he felt the mood and closed his eyes. The smooth slow melody began as soft as a breeze. It continued on, making chilling transitions. The song proved to be cold and gloomy, certainly displaying loneliness.

Christine could not keep her eyes off Erik. The way he moved with the song and openly displayed its emotion moved her in a way no other thing could. The way he moved the bow against the strings touched her heart. The beauty was both heart wrenching and mind boggling.

At one point, their eyes locked. Time seemed to freeze when it happened, but the song continued. It then seemed to be only background music, though. The true song was found in their gaze.

Suddenly, Erik moved slowly forward, towards Christine, their eyes still locked. Christine stood from the couch, her eyes never swaying from his. Everything seemed to stop, including the song as it came to its end. They stood two feet apart staring at one another. Each could feel the other's breath upon their skin. It was intense but soothing.

But, time could not stay still forever. The connection was broken by the ring of a cell phone. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen rang through the air.

Christine blinked noticing just how close she and her teacher were. Erik backed away immediately not believing what had just occurred.

"I'm sorry," she said while searching through her purse. Christine looked at the caller ID and moaned. It was the one person she really did not want to speak to at the current time. A boy named Robert.

"Is something wrong?" Erik asked while sitting in his arm chair.

She threw the phone back in her purse and sighed. "No.. no, it's nothing." The ring stopped and all was silent.

Neither knew what to say. What had just happened? Neither knew.

Finally, Christine came to a decision and gathered up her purse. "I- I should probably get going. I didn't even tell my parents that I left. Thank you for playing your song. It was sogorgeous."

Erik stood and found that he was strangely disappointed. He did not want her to leave. Why? He could not stop asking himself that question.

Walking to the door, he asked, "When shall our next lesson be?"

Christine grinned. "Actually, I was about to ask you the same thing, Maestro."

He so badly wished to say, 'tomorrow', but Erik knew he shouldn't. Lessons were canceled for the week, not three days. "Perhaps Monday?"

Christine, too, did not want to wait that long. But, lessons were canceled for a week. She nodded. "Sure, Monday sounds good."

"Well, good bye, Christine." Why is this so hard? WHY?

"Thank you so much for having me. Bye.." Uh, why did that seem so hard to say?

Neither could decipher the emotions they were feeling.