Chapter 5

The new bad girl

Ryan's POV

I watched from across the cafeteria as Cara took a seat at Andy's table. There's something seriously wrong with that girl. First, she dare stand up to me and now she's associating herself with Andy Holland? It's either she's a complete nut job, or she just doesn't know how our school social hierarchy works.

"What's wrong with that girl?" I asked, turning to the gang.

"Who?" Malcolm asked.

I jerked my head towards the direction of Cara. All the guys turned their head to see who I was talking about. They all seemed confused, except Daniel who's eyes lit up.

"Cara Jonson?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah. Whatever her name is." I answered still looking at her.

"She's pretty cool, I've got to say." Daniel laughed.

"And what makes you say that?" Connor asked him.

"Well, first she challenged Mr almighty and tough guy here-" he said as he slapped my back, receiving a growl in return.

He rolled his eyes and continued, " she flipped Mrs Young off, something that only another person that would dare to do, you. And I even heard that she put your dear girlfriend in a lot of pain after Mikayla insulted her." Daniel continued.

"She's not my girlfriend and will never be." I said in disgust.

"Of course. She's a clingy bitch who tells everyone that." Nick sniggered.

"I honestly regret flirting with her that one time. It's now stuck in her head that I have an interest for her." I grumbled.

"Oh we're so sorry for daring you to that." Nick said sarcastically.

"Man, she's so desperate." Malcolm laughed.

I turned my attention back to Cara to see her laughing at something Andy told her. I barely know that girl, but she just annoys me so much, she taking over my thoughts, not in a good way obviously.

"Hey, Ryan, did you hear anything we just said?" Malcolm asked, waving his hand in front of my face. I swatted his hand away and focused back on the group.

"We're going to have a little fun with Holland over there. What do you say?" Connor asked with a questionable evil grin.

"We're bored so let's do it." I shrugged.

~

Everyone grew silent as we approached Cara and Andy's table. Cause they think that shit's about to go down. I mean, can't blame them. Shit, is going down. Cara had her back turned at us, unaware of our overshadowing presence. Andy looked up and narrowed his eyes at us.

"Ashford." Andy snarled.

"Holland." I snarled back.

Cara turned around and stared at us for a moment before speaking.

"Daniel. You're friends with Ashford?!" She asked Daniel.

"Yeah..." he said scratching his neck, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Good God. Mate, you let me down." She said, giving Daniel the flat look.

"What are you doing here Ashford?" Andy asked, glaring at me.

"Why is she sitting with you? Shouldn't you be alone? After all, you're a backstabbing bastard, whom no one should trust to be around." I said, smirking.

"You better keep that hellhole of yours shut." He threatened.

"Asshole, what are you trying to get out of coming here to annoy Andy and I?" Cara asked, as she took a bite into her sandwich.

"Stop calling me that." I said, clenching my jaw in anger.

"Why not? It's the truth." She said.

"She's a feisty one." Nick laughed.

"Please, it's not feitsy. I'm just blunt." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Damn, I like her already." Connor said.

"I don't need your approval thank you very much," Cara replied.
"And if you don't mind, Andy and I will be leaving. I've had enough drama for the first two days here in this school." She said as she grabbed Andy hand and stalked off. 

As she walked passed me, I heard her grumbling that she didn't understand why is American's were such drama queens. Andy gave me one last glare before he followed Cara out of the cafeteria. The silence lingered for a while before the cafeteria started to buzz again.

"Wow. She had the guts to call you that. How many times has she done that?" Malcolm asked.

"Three times too many." I muttered.

"So I'm guessing, we can officially name her the bad girl of the school." Connor said.

"More like the bane of my existence." I told him.

"Someone has finally come along who's actually a match to you." Daniel nudged my shoulder.

"Ha! Sure." I told him.

The bell rang, and everyone started their chattering again. We bid our goodbyes and headed to class. I stopped suddenly in my tracks. Great. It's English. I have to see her again. My frown turned into a scowl and everyone near me shrunk away.

I stepped into class to surprising find her not at my table. She sat at table near the window, had her feet on the table as she listened to music through her headphones. The class started to fill up, a girl walked in and sat next Cara. They must have been friends cause immediately after that girl sat down, Cara plucked out her headphones to talk to her.

Cara said something that made her friend turn around and look at my direction. Her eyes widened in terror as she saw that I had caught her.

"Hey Asshole! Quit staring!" Cara shouted at me. I gave her the middle finger and looked away.

She's really starting to get on my nerves. Calling me an asshole is not acceptable.

Looks like Cara's favourite word is asshole.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
-Nameless