Chapter 2

My tragic life

Cara's POV

I plopped my ass onto a random seat near the back of the room and took out all my materials.

I turned around to ask Amanda, "Hey, is this teacher a good-" to see her holding her breath with a terrified look.

"What's wrong?" I asked, clearly confused.

"You might want to change seats." She said nervously.

"What's-" I started out.

"Alright class settle down!" Mr Quinn ordered.

Amanda gave me a sympathetic look as she scurried to an empty seat further front. What was that all about?

"I heard we have a new student. Can she kindly come up and introduce herself?" He suggested.

"Must I..."

"There's no need to be shy." He smiled.

Ew what? Shy? Ha! I just don't want to deal with anyone else right now.

"Fine, fine." I mumbled. "Name's Cara Jonson, moved here two weeks ago from Australia." I said immediately sitting back down.

"Could you say a bit more about yourself?" He prompted.

"I'm....very sarcastic and I ride a bike? Sir, I really have nothing else to say. My life is quite boring." Yeah sure. My life is full of drama. I'm like a magnet to drama.

"That'll do. So class, now you know who Cara is. Please be nice to her."

The boys all snorted as Mr Quinn looked at their direction.

Class went on pretty normally, other than the fact that the guy on my left kept glance at me, giving me the nervous look. Strange. First Amanda, now this dude.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and in came a good looking guy. Dark haired, tall, sharp jaw line, looked like he had a perpetual frown on his face sort of guy.

"Late for the first class of the day, Mr Ashford?" Mr Quinn asked the late comer with a raised brow.

"Yeah." The guy replied bluntly.

"Go sit down." He instructed.

This Ashford guy advanced towards the back of the room, and frowned as he stopped in front of my table.

"What?" I asked as he continued to stare at me.

"You're in my seat. Move." He said.

"Find another empty seat. I'm not moving," I stood my ground.

His frown turned into a scowl and he clenched his fist. Challenging me, waiting for me to give in to his demand.

"I don't know who you are. But I'm pretty sure there aren't assigned seats given. So I'm staying here and goodbye." I told him, giving him a sarcastic wave.

The girl infront of me turned around and gave me a pleading look, as if she was asking me to save myself or something like that.

"Mr Ashford. Please just find another seat. Cara is new here. Just let her sit there till class ends." Mr Quinn told him impatiently.

"She's-"

"Goodbye. Now please move. I'm trying to listen to the lesson." I shooed him away.

He gave me the 'I'm going to kill you look' and stormed to the other side of the room and took a seat.

~

Well for the rest of the lesson, I could feel 'Mr Ashford' staring at me. And whenever I looked at him, he looked as if he wanted to burn holes in me.

Something is wedged deep up his ass. It's just a seat, what's so good about it?

As soon as the lesson ended, Ashford was the first to leave. Amanda walked up to me and gave me yet another sympathetic look.

"That was one of our school's bad boys. Ryan Ashford. I'm really sorry..."

"Why are you sorry?"

"He's going to make your life hell."

"My tragic life. Damn it. " I cursed " I'm not going to let him do that. He can try. But he will fail."

"I hope for the best..."

"I'll see you for lunch. Meet you at my locker." I smiled at her as I walked off to find my Advanced math classroom.

As predicted, I got lost. I mean the school isn't very huge but the map was pretty useless honestly. I ended up 10 minutes late, getting scolded. And earned sniggers from the boys in the class when I pointed the middle finger at the teacher behind her back.

"pssss"

I turned around to a grinning boy.

"Hi, I'm Daniel." He introduced.

"Cara."

"Are you bored?"

"Definitely mate. I've learnt all this before. I haven't listened since she opened her mouth." I told him.

"Haha. Same. She's one of the worst ramblers." He replied.

"Save us all from our misfortune." I laughed softly.

"So tell me about yourself. You seem like a pretty cool person."

"Yeah...cool...sure."

"I'm serious! You pulled off a stunt that not even guy would do."

"Flipping off Mrs PMS?"

"Haha Yeah."

Mrs Young told us to shut up and threatened to give us detention. And we obviously didn't give a shit.

Class ended and we both went for PE.

~

The PE teacher, Mr Dawson, threw me a pair of gym wear and told me all the rules and everything.

"Alright! Listen up! Today we're gonna work on your non existent stamina! Get on the tracks and do 5 laps!" Mr Dawson ordered. Groans filled the air. Have you ever come across a soft spoken PE teacher? Cause I sure haven't.

Seeing the class run was pretty hilarious. You could see a distinct division between the fit and weak people. I, not to brag, was the fittest, leaving the jocks behind in a dust.

"Cara! Out running the fittest people in the class I see!" Mr Dawson shouted as I turned the round the bend.

"Oh shut up Dawson!"

"Boys it's a shame to see a girl leading you!"

I laughed silently, hearing them grumble.

~

The run end, leaving us all panting.

"Damn it Cara, you put us guys to shame." Daniel shook his head in disbelief.

"Haha too bad. What can I say. You boys just have to work harder." I grinned as I teased him.

I went to the girl's changing room only to hit in the face with a mix of cheap perfume and the stench of sweat. And let me tell you this. You put perfume and sweat, and combine them together, you get a vomit worthy stink bomb. I almost died because I was suffocating. Yuck!

"Hey you there!"

Surprise, surprise. I've decided to upload 1 week earlier.

Btw if any of you are wondering. I am not going to use an celebrities as the cast. You can imgine how they all look like yourselves.

Those who are wondering when I'll update, it'll be every 2 weeks on Sunday. (Sat for America and Canada, Sun for Asia, Australia, Britain)

Other than that. Hoped you liked this chapter!

-Nameless