Five

Chapter Five.

{ E L L I E }

"Hey, so how are you and Luke?" Niall piped up as we hit the freeway. I sighed, staring out the window.

"He's not you." I said softly, resting my chin in my palm. "How's Nicole?"

"She's not you." He said with a small smile. I knew he only did it to cheer me up. There was no way he'd leave his wife and kid for a mere college girl.

"You're stupid."

"You know I love you, darling."

"I know." I pouted. "Darn age gap."

"In another life." He squeezed my hand and I looked away from the window to smile at him in gratitude.

"Shame we can't be in that one."

"I know . . . " He trailed. "Hungry?"

"Little."

"Perfect." He made a hard right, making me yelp and my dear friend laugh.

We split a milkshake and fries. I loved vanilla shakes even more.

{ M E G }

My hands shook with excitement since my little sister would be here and around for three weeks.

"Auntie El's gonna be here soon!" I yelled so everyone else in the house could hear. "Make sure you have your bags packed - "

"That was an indirect to you," Eva muttered to her brother from the kitchen as I walked down the stairs.

"Indirect to user Evangeline Tomlinson. You should shut up." Logan shot back.

"Just like any other day, I see." I sighed with a little smile. "Where's your father?"

"Not sure." The kids chorused.

I frowned. "That's odd."

"Mmm," Logan said as Eva hurriedly sipped her juice.

"Should be here soon." I muttered.

"Yeah. Should be." Eva said absently.

I looked at my kids warily. Was he planning to do something I didn't know of?

I turned my attention away from my kids when a timid knock hit the front door. I composed myself before answering it.

"Hi, can I - " I swung the door open to see nothing there except a bag from a burger place I'd never heard of. Carefully, I bent down to grab it. This was so odd. Who does this?

I decided to peer inside, only to find a couple burgers with familiar writing on them. It was so tiny. I squinted to read it. As I brought the wrapper closer to my face, I heard someone scream and a figure tackled me onto the grass. I was temped to fight back, but a familiar laugh made my muscles freeze.

I looked up to see my baby sister and Niall laughing in the background.

"Hiya." Ellie grinned, brushing some hair out of her eyes.

"I hate you." I groaned, but managed a smile when she laughed. As she was laughing I took the opportunity to flip her down onto the grass. "Welcome home."

"Feelin' so welcome." She said sarcastically. I was sitting on her now as Niall went inside to greet his "niece" and "nephew". Ella rolled onto her stomach and I was sitting on her lower back now. I started to ask her questions and constantly said, "What was that?" just so I could get her all fired up.