Chapter 54 - Jig is Up.

Start from the beginning

Everyone was forced to return home for the night and pray for the best the next day. By the time they got home, it was 6:11am. It was still dark outside. Once everyone got back inside and went to sleep, Kayson sat up in the bed, clutching his fingers and nervously shaking his leg. Madilyn placed the blanket over the lower half of Madison's sleeping body, then lifted up and glanced at Kayson.

"Kays, what's wrong?" Madilyn asked.

Kayson shook his head, still shaking tremendously.

"I fucked up, Madilyn..." Kayson mumbled lowly. "I fucked up."

"What happened?"

Kayson slowly stopped shaking, turning to her.

"Madilyn, you gotta keep this between me and you." Kayson said in a serious tone. "Don't tell Lily, Iyana, or anybody else. Alright?"

"I will." Madilyn added. "I promise."

Kayson started tearing up, gazing out of the window.

"I didn't know that that was my fathers brother......my uncle..." Kayson mumbled again. "I thought that it was Isaiah."

Madilyn's eyes widened as she gave him a serious look.

"Kayson, did.......did you shoot him?" Madilyn stuttered, talking a little lower.

Tears fell down his eyes as he bowed his head and closed his eyes, nodding quickly. Madilyn's mouth dropped open as she got from under the covers, sitting by his side.

"Wha.......what happened?" Madilyn gasped. "Why'd you shoot him?"

"I went to my dad's hotel room because I heard Isaiah say that he was going to kill him sometime soon." Kayson said in a nervous tone. "So when my uncle walked through the door, I shot him. Turns out he wasn't Isaiah..."

Kayson sniffed, wiping his tears again and shaking his head even more.

"He was going to kill my dad, Madilyn!" Kayson continued, wailing lowly. "I couldn't let that happen! I couldn't...."

Madilyn hugged Kayson as Kayson cried hard on her shoulder. He was so filled with remorse and regret that he couldn't bare to live with himself at the moment. Even worse...

"Lily won't even talk to me." Kayson sniffed. "I could go to jail and miss out on Madison's life-"

"Hey! You're not going to jail, alright?"

Madilyn looked at Kayson, looking in his eyes.

"You have to come clean with your real dad." Madilyn prompted. "It's the only way you're gonna feel that weight lifted off of your shoulders-"

"I can't do that, Madilyn!" Kayson chanted. "Are you crazy?"

"Why not?"

"That's his brother, Madilyn! He'll kill me. Literally!" Kayson chanted. "Either that, or he'll turn me in. Did you see how distraught my grandmother was?"

"If they really loved you like they preach that they do, they would accept your wrongdoings, no matter how bad and how harsh it is." Madilyn said. "Remember, you're their blood too. Alright?"

Kayson took a deep breath, looking back up at Madilyn.

"I'll tell him tomorrow morning." Kayson said.

3 days later, we got yet another miracle. Noah was conscious again. Now that he was awake, police decided to ask him questions. He answered "I don't know" to all of them. After everybody got done visiting him, Isaiah came in to talk to Noah by himself so that no one would be in their business. With his eyes half opened and his face a little pale from losing blood, he managed to glance at his room door, watching Isaiah walk inside.