Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Hey, consider yourself lucky I'm not wearing this one." Sophia gagged at the sight of it. "What'd you do?" she asked, "Run through a fire with knives in it?" I shrugged, "Close enough." She waved it away from her and dug through my trunk herself. She pulled out the only clean Camp Half Blood shirt I had and smoothed it out, "Why don't you just wear this one? It's not cooked, cut, or destroyed." She saw the pegasus and the words 'Camp Half-Blood' and raised an eyebrow at me. "It's a summer camp I go to," I explained, not telling a lie, "It's where me and Annabeth met." The daughter of Athena closed her eyes, "I can remember it like it was yesterday. Percy got himself attacked by a cow." I narrowed my eyes at her, offended, "It was a bull, and it's not like you helped me fend it off." Annabeth's eyes flashed open, "How could I have? I didn't even know you existed!" I glared right back at her, "And I didn't know you existed. Your point?" Sophia rolled her eyes, "Honestly, you two fight like a married couple." I slung my arm around Annabeth's shoulders, "Don't worry, Sophia. In a couple of years, we'll be fighting as a married couple." Annabeth chuckled but didn't object. And of course, I couldn't fail to notice the slight tinge of red that was now apparent on her cheeks. I ruffled her hair, "Is Annabeth blushing? It can't be. I made the Annabeth Chase blush? Impossible!" She punched me in the arm and muttered, "Shut up." I yelped as her fist made contact and groaned, "Wise Girl!" Sophia laughed, "You had it coming to you, Buckethead." I glared at her playfully, "And you had this coming to you, Spike Toed." I leaped off of my bed and tackled Sophia to the ground, trying to tickle her into submission.

"You'll never crack me," she screamed between laughs, "My trusty buttkicker will take you down!" I relented only a little, "Buttkicker?" In response, Annabeth judo flipped and pinned my arm behind my back, pushing my face into the floor. "Yield, Sir Seaweed Brain!" she yelled, "Or succumb to the wrath of my blade." I rolled sideways, despite the fact that Annabeth still had a firm grip on my wrist, and pulled her down to the floor with me and Sophia, laughing. I finally sat up, "Now that we've wasted a good fifteen minutes, what're you wearing to the ball, Sophia?" She stopped giggling and sat up as well, "Nothing much, just a dress and my pointiest shoes." I groaned, "I give up! I'm just gonna put on my orange shirt with my blue tie and my blue jeans. And if it'll make you happy, I'll wear those black dress shoes. Okay?" Sophia grinned, "Alright, if Annabeth wears-" Annabeth cut her off, "Let me set the standards for you right now. No makeup, no dresses, no skirts, nothing in my hair, no hairstyles, and it has to be my orange t-shirt." Sophia pouted. "Fine," she grumbled, "At least you'll match Percy."

Harry, Hermione, and Ron strode through the door, seeing us on the ground and our faces slightly red from laughter. Hermione raised her eyebrows, "I'm guessing the three of you aren't studying, then?" I chuckled, "Please. Studying is for people who don't have anything better to do." Hermione rolled her eyes at me. Ron grinned, "That's what I've been trying to tell Hermione for years!" At the pointed look from Hermione, Ron gulped and added, "And I've been a blithering idiot for saying so." Hermione gave Ron a peck on the cheek and asked, "Do you have a date to the ball yet, Sophia?" She shook her head, her short brown hair swinging through the air. "Nope," she said happily, "But do I really need one? I can dance by myself! I've got moves!" Hermione turned to me and Annabeth and asked, "And do you two know what you're wearing?" I slung my arm around Annabeth and smiled, "Fancy t-shirts!" Hermione rolled her eyes again.

Harry was much too quiet for my liking. His emerald green eyes were not as bright as they used to be, and you can't just blame it on the war. He looks like he ate a terrible Bertie Bott. "Do you have a date yet, Harry?" He shook his head sadly, "Nope." I knew that he wouldn't want to go with anyone at all, since he was still heartbroken over Ginny, which was ridiculous since they weren't even dating. I closed my eyes and leaned back, "Guys, I just had a great idea! What if Sophia and Harry went together?" Sophia rolled her eyes, "Are you trying to set me up, Percy? I figure Harry would like to go with someone else." Sophia also saw Harry's feelings for Ginny. The only ones who couldn't were Harry, Ginny, and Ron.