Chapter 80 ~ Last Chapter

Start from the beginning

“Good! We got a some presents!” Joe chirps showing me a small plastic bag with santa on that looks to be like a party bag and I smile at him.

“How nice! Go show mommy...” I grin and the two boys rush ahead into the kitchen, leaving the other three boys and Tom is next to wrap his arms around my legs.

I smile as I place my hand on his head looking up to Lee and Cory, “You boys alright?” I ask as they take their shoes off and pushing them to the side.

“Yeah! We only have one more day to go!” Cory grins excitedly, “Then, then it's going to be nearly Christmas!”

I chuckle softly at the excitement on their faces, lifting Tom up into my arms as I follow behind the two boys as they charge towards the kitchen, if they are this excited for Christmas now, then they might just explode by the time next week comes.

It's so weird that we are so close to Christmas, so close to the end of the year. Usually at this time everyone's busy decorating the house with lame and over the top decorations, but right now there isn't a decoration in sight. I'm putting it down to everyone being bust, including mom as it's different seeing as we are in a new house this year.

But the boys still seem to be excited, I've already heard them speaking of what they want Santa to get them.

It's cute really, but I'm still struggling to get myself into the festive mood.

But I will. I will surround myself with the boys to hope their excitement rubs off on me.

It's dark by the time I hear the front door slam, only signalling one thing, that Seth has finally returned home.

The sound of foots thumping up the stairs telling me that he's running straight up stairs, and from all the noise, I can tell he's not in a good mood.

Frowning I continue to slowly move the toy car on the floor as I join Tom and the twins with playing their car games on the living room rug, but get distracted as I hear Seth's heavy footsteps stomping across the landing above my head as he continues up the stairs.

Something still must be up....and I need to find out what.

“Ah...boys, I'm just going to go see Seth..” I tell the three boys with a small smile, standing up from the floor and smirk a little with a shake of my head as I realise that they are too intrigued in their game to notice.

Chuckling softly, I sneak out of the living room and head straight to the stairs, taking them two at a time until I reach the right floor for Seth's room.

It has got to have something to do with April, from what I saw in the classroom earlier today, and the conversation they had over the phone...it's got to be that.

Standing outside his door, I hesitate for a moment before raising my hand and knocking loudly.

“Seth?” I call as I knock again, slowly opening the door as I step inside, “Seth?...”

“What Lexi?” I hear him sigh with frustration, and see him sat on the end of his bed with being in the middle of pulling a clean shirt over his head with his school bag by his feet.

I bite my lip as I lean against the door, “Can we...talk?” I question, my voice slightly drifting off as I can still see and hear the anger rolling off of him.

Seth doesn't reply, only briefly glancing up to me with eyes that seem to be glued down to show he's keeping them narrowed, as he starts to pull out some books from his bag.

I sigh, stepping away from the door, “What's going on?” I ask, “What was that during school? Is something up with you and April?” I step further into the room, showing that I really do care with the concern in my voice, as as much as I dislike that girl, I still want my brother to be happy.