s u s p i c i o u s

milan's pov. 8:00am

Reaching out for the door handle but was suddenly stopped in my tracks. I looked down at my hips to see Marco's tatted hand wrapped around me.

Aggravated. I moaned. And turned around to face him.

"Why do you always have to do this?" I asked, removing his hands from my sides.

"Please. Can't you just take the day off?" Marco responded, his voice still low and husky.

"Nah"

"Please?"

"Don't beg, It's pathetic." I grabbed his arm and placed it over my shoulders so that he could lean his weight on me, making it easier for him to get to the car. I locked the front door behind us and we made our way to Maro's car.

"...look what we have here"

We both looked out to the road see Erik, getting out of his car.
Marco panicked "Urm-she's just here to-

"Cut the bullshit Marco" he was now towering over me "I already know about you and her"

Marco looked down at me, no expression.

I ran my fingers through my hair "he found out on Friday. Not sure how but-

"It was so bait" Erik barked "The way he reacted when I flirted with you. And I caught you both outside looking very suspicious"

"You're not gonna say anything about it tho?" Marco more warned than asked, his tone slightly serious.

"..your relationship, your business. I just don't get why it's such a secret"

Marco shrugged his broad shoulders.

"It just is" I pushed past Erik and opened the door to the drivers side for Marco. Erik followed.

"I was just coming to check up on you, but I can see nows not a good time"

"Yeah. I'll see you later"

They bumped fists, indicating that their little catch up was over so I shut the door for Marco and walked over to the passengers side.

Erik watched my every move, his eyes dull and low. I looked away from him to do up my seatbelt but could still feel him looking at me. In fact, it didn't feel like he was looking at me but through me. Marco beeped the horn as a 'bye' to Erik before backing out of the drive way and cruising down the road.

_______

_______

Marco pulled over to the curb and pulled on the breaks. There was a sudden knock on the car window to make both of us jump and hold out chests. Once relieved, Marco rolled down the blacked out window to reveal a green-eyed teenage boy.

Oh shit. It's Hayes.

"Hey man" Hayes said, leaning on the window frame and poking his head through. I quickly turned my body to the side "I recognised your car and woundered if I would get a quick selfie?"

"Sure" Marco nodded whilst adjusting a cap on his rugged bed head. I slowly sunk lower into the leather seat and looked out the window to avoid eye contact with Hayes.

I began to brush my hair over my face just to make sure he wouldn't recognise m-

"Thanks Marco and sorry about your injury" Hayes huffed "...urr-Mila is that you?"

I ignored him. Marco gently slapped my arm "Do you two know each other?"

I looked over at Hayes "Nope"

"It's me. Hayes" he said looking puzzled and pointing to himself.

I shook my head "doesn't ring a bell anyway I should get going" I opened the car door and was able to place one foot on the concrete before being stopped.

"Don't I get a kiss?" Marco asked

I drew in a deep breath of the cold, crisp air around me and blinked slowly before turning around and pecking him on the lips. Walking faster than normal I made my way down the road, pulling out my homework and quickly writing in the bits I had forgotten to do. Which was all of it.

I could hear Hayes's footsteps gradually picking up speed to catch up to me "Is he? Are you?.."

"He's my brother" I lied, walking slightly faster.

"Urm Im not sure what family you grew up with, but ,people don't normally kiss their brothers like that"

I stopped and hufed "..Would you believe me- if I told you he was my boyfriend?"

"Hell no" Haye's responded. No hesitation.

"Let's leave it at that then"

________

There may be another update today😏

+ Go back to the first page to see a picture of Hayes.