Chapter 28

Harry didn't listen to what Jace had said. He knew Jace and he knew if he were to find out that they were still hanging out, he wouldn't just kill Louis.

It was just a threat because Jace thought Harry was his toy, but he isn't.

The lad learned that the hard way though. He learned that he took everything Jace threw at him because Jace treated him as a toy doll he created.

Harry could've avoided this and set his foot down, but he was young and naive and became one of Jace's toys.

Louis tried asking Harry if Jace had done anything yesterday, but all Harry said was that Jace never came home. He knew it was bad to lie to Louis like that considering the lad knew so much and is trying his hardest to help, but Harry was used to it.

He was used to hiding everything from everyone despite them knowing. He had done that with Liam and now he's doing it with Louis.

He doesn't get why though. He had Louis who actually likes him and is falling for him, so what's stopping Harry from running away?

"Have you ever done something so bad you wish you could take it back?" Louis asked.

They were at Louis' bedroom looking up at the ceiling where the stars where starting to fall. They were really cheap, so the both lads didn't expect it to stay up for so long.

"Yes I have," Harry replied.

Louis licked his lips, "I have too."

Harry turned his head slightly to look at Louis. He grabbed the lads hand and squeezed it.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"I outed my best friend when we were in middle school," Louis chuckled darkly.

Harry raised an eyebrow, "come again."

"Stan was his name. The lad and I were really close to a point where our parents both thought we were going to get married one day. I was already out and everyone knew that I was gay, but Stan wasn't. Me and him would sneak around to make out at some barn, or at some stupid dead end, but I was tired of hiding."

"He would have this girlfriend to hide the fact that he was gay and I tried to understand, I really did. I took it when he would yell at me in front of everyone because nobody liked me then. I always told myself that it will get better because he will come out soon," Louis said.

"It was then this one night we were arguing. He had come over to hang out and I asked him if he ever was going to come out and he said to me, 'what's with you and coming out? Not everyone will accept me being a fag. I can't take shit like you.' I shouldn't have taken it so hard, but I was hurt."

"So the next day at school, I outed him. I went to lunch and tried to talk to him only to get shrugged off and yelled at. I screamed at him. I said, 'I'm tired of this, Stan. I'm tired of hiding and tired of you kissing me then leaving to your girlfriend you don't even like. When are you going to accept the fact that you are gay and will be a man and come out?' It was horrible."

"I left Stan there to deal with the looks and the whispers. Slowly I ignored him and I would see him walk around the halls getting bullied, or looked at. I wanted to talk to him, but I knew it wasn't a good idea."

"Stan moved a month later. His father got a new job, so he had to go. I never really got to say goodbye, or sorry to him," Louis frowned.

Harry timidly smiled at the lad. He knew what Louis did was a while ago and should effect the lad so much, but things like that can change a person.