Chapter 12

Harry laid in bed with a small smile played on his face. His breath still tasted like smoke, but Harry couldn't take his mind off of Louis' hand on him.

He hasn't felt happy in so long and the fact that it was Louis who caused this smile made Harry feel warm in his stomach.

Jace was out doing god knows what, but Harry was just glad he had some time of his own to smile and to laugh and to dream.

He wanted to stay a bit longer with Louis and to talk maybe even banter a bit because he knew Louis cared about his opinions. Harry knew that maybe he's slowly changing the lad a bit, but in a good way though.

He does like Louis the way he is. He liked the fact that the lad could say whatever he wanted and speak out for himself. He knew that Louis was a listener because he understood Harry in a way.

He loved how Louis tattoos did tell a story somehow. He may never get a chance to figure out what the angel wings stood for, or the moon that was tattooed on his rib.

There was just so much Louis about him and Harry really did like that.

He wanted to run his hand down his tattooed arms and hug him really tight because Louis just understands him. Louis defends him and gets Harry to understand that being who he is-is totally fine.

He's never met someone like that before. Not even from Liam who was everything to Harry. He was his only friend who tried to get him away from Jace. He was the only person who found out about the abuse, but he ran. He left Harry to suffer and Harry didn't get that.

He doesn't get why Liam told him that he will always be there for him, but he really wasn't. He felt betrayed. He felt as if the sticky situation Harry was in was just too much pressure for Liam.

It wasn't like he told Liam to look when Jace pushed him against the wall. It wasn't like Harry begged for Liam to help me when Jace punched him in the face. Harry really didn't ask for help. He should be, but he wasn't.

He can't go around telling someone to help him out of his problem when he was the one who got in it in the first place. He was the one who fell in love with Jace and now can't leave because his boyfriend is an abuser.

He didn't ask for that. He asked for love and someone to be there for him, but it's like he's living in a nightmare where he can't wake up from.

Harry heard the door slam shut and footsteps make its way towards the bedroom. Harry didn't bother sitting up, no longer fearing the guy he calls his boyfriend.

Jace came in the room with a small smile on his face. "Hey," he greeted. He walked towards Harry to peck his lips against his. The lad let him as always.

"How was school?" Jace asked taking his shoes off. He neatly placed them next to the door and laid down next to Harry.

The lad shrugged, "the usual. Had to stay and make up some worksheets."

Jace nodded, "only a year left of school for you. Are you thinking about going to uni?"

Harry shook his head, "no."

The lad laid his hand on Harry's thigh and squeezed it a bit. Harry bit his lip to hold any noise of coming out of his mouth. He mentally begged for Jace not to try anything on him because Harry was having a good day after all.

Shouldn't the day just end on a good note for Harry?

Jace removed his hand from Harry's thigh and sighed, "I probably won't be home for hours tomorrow."

Harry nodded his head, "okay, that's fine."

Jace rolls his eyes, "I wasn't really asking if it was okay with you, but I'm glad you aren't bugging me about it."