"And that's what I was trying to say from the beginning," I whispered to myself, but loud enough so Sakura and Naruto heard me. They looked down in disappointment. Suddenly, Sakura's head shot up in realization.

"Wait. You set it up with four people and three bells. That would lead to group conflict and the squad would split up," Sakura said all brainy like. I rolled my eyes slightly.

Of course they'd do that. If there were four bells, there would be a higher chance of working together and it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

"Exactly. I purposely pitted you against each other. I was trying to see if you could get past that and put the squad over yourselves. A Genin should have a natural feel for teamwork. But you- it didn't even cross your mind. Well...one of you did, but the rest refused to cooperate.

"Sakura- you obsessed over Sasuke who was gone, but Naruto was right in front of you and you wouldn't lift a finger to help him. Naruto- you do everything on your own. Everything. And Sasuke- you thought everyone was so far below you they were worthless. Arrogance. And worst of all, Hotaru offered to help and work with all of you, but all of you refused. And Hotaru- you gave up before even trying.

"Ninja missions are carried out in squads. Of course, you need individual skills, but teamwork is the most essential element. Every shinobi understands this. If individuals put them selves before their squads, this can lead to death. For example..." Kakashi stopped to take a kunai out of his weapon pouch and hold it to Sasuke's neck.

"Sakura, kill Naruto and Hotaru now or Sasuke dies!" Naruto and Sakura started freaking out while I nodded in understanding. Stuff like this happens, but hopefully we can learn to work together and avoid that. Kakashi put the kunai back in his pouch.

"That's what happens on a mission. Someone is taken hostage, you have an impossible choice, and someone dies. On every mission, your life is on the line," Kakashi said, stood up (getting off of Sasuke) and walked towards a large, kunai shaped stone. When I saw it, I looked down in sadness and grief.

"Did you look at this stone and the names engraved on it? These are all ninja who are honored as heroes in our village," Kakashi continued, and tears fogged my vision.

"I know, I know, I know! I've decided! I'm gonna have my name engraved on that stone! I'm not gonna die like a dog, I'm gonna be a hero!" Naruto shouted, a grin on his face. I shook my head.

"No. You don't want your name on that stone..." I mumbled.

"Ahh why not, Hotaru? They're heroes!"

"They're a...special kind of hero," Kakashi tried to explain.

"What kind of heroes? Tell us!" Naruto asked.

"Dead ones," I replied in a cold voice, stood up and walked over to the stone. I crouched down and traced my fingers over my father's name. Naruto blushed in embarrassment and looked down.

"This is a memorial stone. The names of my closest friends are engraved here," Kakashi told us. I let the tears trickle silently down my cheeks.

"Haruto Hamasaki," I whispered, making everyone look at me in curiosity. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and faced them.

"That was my father's name. Haruto Hamasaki. He was killed while on a mission 5 years ago. His name is on this stone," I announced, making everyone look more guilty. Kakashi turned to face the others while I walked back next to them.

"Fine. I'm going to give you another chance, but I'm going to make it a lot harder on you. You'll have three hours to get a bell. You can eat lunch now to build up strength, except Naruto. It's his punishment for breaking the rules. If anyone tries to feed him, they will be failed immediately. I make the rules, you follow them. Got it?" he threatened and teleported away.