Part 37- Meeting With JYP

- JACKSON'S POV -

My head was pounding as the haze of alcohol slowly crept away. I was extremely stupid to think that drinking would help my problems and make Nari better. I sat up in bed and looked at Mark's side of the room.

His bed was empty. I look to the red glowing numbers of the clock on our nightstand and saw that it was hours past the time I had left Youngjae and JB. Muffled voices came from the other side of mine and Mark's closed door. I stood up dizzily and walked to open the door. The bright lights burned my vision.

"Nice of you to join us sleeping beauty." Mark glared at me.

"What's going on?" I winced at the pain that filled my skull.

"We're all screwed, that's what." Jinyoung, who was sitting next to Mark, rolled his eyes at me.

"What do you mean?" I plopped on the couch next to Youngjae and yawned.

"There are photos of us and Nari all over the internet." BamBam sighed next to me, "Some one leaked information out."

" *cuss word* really!?" BamBam handed me his phone. It was true. Tons of photos were all over his twitter feed. I kept scrolling and clicking on articles when JB came from the kitchen will his phone in hand.

"JYP wants to see all of us in his office right now." Dark circles ringed his eyes. I ignored him and kept looking through BamBam's twitter.

"This is really bad." Yugyeom softly spoke then stood up, the others followed. I sighed standing up, and walked over to grab my shoes when I felt an arm stop me.

"I'm sorry Jackson," It was JB, "This is all my fault, and I will take full responsibility." I could tell he was sad by the look in his eyes.

"I really care for Nari, but I won't let that stand in the way of our friendship. I'm willing to let her go to keep us all together. I'm sorry for letting our friendship crumble." He avoided my eyes and looked to the floor. I could tell right in that moment that maybe JB was the better match for Nari than I could have been. I could feel his sadness just from the words he spoke.

I patted his shoulder. His eyes glanced to my hand then to me. I mustered up one the nicest smiles I could, "It's okay. I'm sorry too that I didn't pay attention to our friendship. I know you love her with everything you have. Just keep her safe from now on, and if you hurt her I won't hesitate to hurt you. Friends or not." He smiled back at me.

"I'd never do that." We awkwardly but in a brotherly way hugged while slapping each other on the back.

"Yah! Hurry up before we get in even more trouble!" Jinyoung peeked his head in the door way yelling at us.

"We're coming!" JB slipped on his shoes and ran out the door, "Let's go." I hurried and slipped mine on too and chased them down the hallway to the elevator. I knew it was going to be hard, but in that moment I let Nari go. Now I just need to get my stupid heart to understand that too.

••••••••••••••••••••

We reached JYP's office. All of us were silent with mixed emotions splashed across our faces. Jinyoung was the bravest and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A tired voice replied. Mark opened the door and in we went.

"You wanted to see us?" JB replied to the disheveled man sitting across the room.

"I suppose you all have see the articles?" We all nodded in silence.

He hummed and looked over a computer screen then glanced down at an iPad, "Mind explaining who the girl is?" We looked back and forth to each other. None of us dared to speak.

"I don't have all day now. Tell me who the girl is." He continued looking at the iPad but then scrolled through his phone. I also noticed his office phone had all lines blinking red signaling people trying to call. Probably some news reporters.

"Jackson, explain this to me." He looked up at me.

I gulped out of nervousness, "She's our friend."

"Mmhm" He mumbled, "How did you all become friends?" He leaned back in his chair giving us his full attention.

"I can explain that." BamBam spoke up, "On the day of our concert I accidentally ran her over with my bike. Luckily she wasn't hurt, but she left before I could really speak to her."

"You all knew about that I assume?" JYP's eyebrow lifted in curiosity.

"Yes sir, we did." Jinyoung replied.

"It wasn't until during the concert that I saw her again. She was sitting in the front row. I wanted to properly apologize so I had security bring her backstage." BamBam's hands moved around as he tried explaining the situation and the mood started to liven up, "After our first meeting we all knew something was different about her-"

"A good different." Mark cut in.

"Yeah, a good different." Youngjae and Yugyeom agreed.

"Yeah, a good different," BamBam glared at them for cutting him off. I lifted my fist to my mouth to muffle my laughs. He continued,"So we asked her to hang out with us. Plus we knew something was off about her."

"What do you mean?" JYP was completely absorbed in Nari's story by this point.

"She had a lot of bruises on her sir." Jinyoung said and the mood instantly went somber again.

"Bruises? From you BamBam?" Concern filled his face as his eyebrows pulled down in confusion.

"We found out soon after that a group of girls were terrorizing and bullying her." His voice shook.

"I see." The older man absent mindedly rubbed his jaw in thought.

"We did everything we could to help her. She had finally gotten out of the grips of the bullies, but..." Bammie looked to the floor. I cleared my throat and spoke up.

"But she was attacked yesterday."

"They beat her in the middle of a laser tag game." Mark curled his fist in anger.

"Well that explains the footage of you seven being there." He heaved a heavy sigh, "Where is she now?"

"In the hospital." JB took the opportunity to finally say something.

"You've been awfully quiet, JB. Now tell me, are the police investigating?"

"Yes sir they are." Jinyoung replied once again.

He looked back to his computer screen again, "What is this girl's name?" He typed a few keys.

"Nari." Us seven said together. JB continued, "Nari Hyun."

"Hyun?" He looked from his screen to us, "Nari Hyun?" He though for a moment, then as if a lightbulb flashed above his head, his expression changed, "I think I might know a Nari Hyun."