Lies (by: musicgirl21)

Prompt:

Harry and Louis would do anything to keep their love alive. They aren't allowed to confirm Larry, but they find ways to let the Larry shippers know to keep believing. Nobody realizes that it's all becoming too much for Harry and he's at his breaking point. Will Harry be able to keep fighting for their love?

___________________________

Work Text:

The fans have known what we aren't allowed to confirm all along. The pain has become too much to bare, all I wanted was to be happy, but I wasn't allowed. One stupid contract has kept me from being happy for the past three years and I'm at my breaking point. I can't just stand around anymore and watch as the boy I love has to act like nothing happens when we are alone.

Management doesn't like the thought of losing money, so they would do anything to avoid that, even if it meant making me and the rest of the boys unhappy. They wanted to end the 'rumors' and they would do anything to make the fans believe that we weren't together. So they came up with a plan, it wasn't thought through enough, but they didn't care. On September 14, 2011 we were called into a meeting and that is when everything changed. We signed a contract and our lips were to be kept shut about what happened behind closed doors.

We were pushed inside a closet so far back nobody could hear our cries and pleas to be let free, but we weren't going to give up. Modest! thought they were clever putting a beard in the picture, but they didn't realize that they were dealing with two people who were utterly in love with each other. We had to find a way to let the world know that it was real without actually saying it. We couldn't break the contract for it would be the end of One Direction. We were willing to fight for our love and that is just what we did.

Our shippers didn't give up on us, they knew what others didn't. They looked between the lines and kept the hope that one day it may all be true. They are what kept us from breaking for so long.

After months of thinking it carefully through, we decided what we were going to do. June 15, 2012 was when it started. Our bodies became our diary for all the unspoken words. 'Won't stop til we surrender' was the first tattoo to show that we were fighting for our love.The 'Larry Stylinson' fire began to burn bright and management didn't like that. Twelve days after Eleanor left from the U.S leg of the Up All Night tour, she returned.The Elounor pictures began to increase and fights between Larry shippers and Elounor shippers began.

We were overwhelmed by the amount of attention the new tattoo caused. The next tattoo that caused frenzy in the Larry world was the 'Hi' tattoo. Anyone could tell whose handwriting it was, no other than the love of my life, Louis Tomlinson.

'I can't change' seemed to give the Larry shippers even more hope; they knew the true meaning behind it even if nobody else wanted to believe it.The birdcage was the next tattoo to appear, but nobody seemed to get the true meaning behind it, not until the hanger tattoo came into the picture. If you thought about it closely, you would understand. Why would somebody get a tattoo of a hanger, a birdcage without a door, and I can't change? It's simple. If you put them together, it references to a closet whose door will remain shut, and I can't change even if I were locked in the closet.

'Things I can' and 'Things I can't' were the next tattoos to arrive that involved Larry. My right arm had 'Things I can' written on it showing everything I was allowed to do and my left arm had 'Things I can't' written on it to show the things I could not do, the same arm the 'Larry' tattoos were on.

A few days later, the quotation marks on Louis' wrist caught the attention of media. It was our first of many tattoos that Louis got to match.One month later, Louis got four birds on his arm. Larry shippers immediately put together the puzzle pieces; birds belong in a birdcage. The same day people realized the 'Oops!' written in the inside of Louis' arm. It wasn't until later that they realized it was my handwriting and that he got it to match the 'Hi' I had on my arm.