Chapter 35: *Friends Over All*

[27 Nov. 2015]

Today school was really boring. Even though I hung out with Alex and talked for a while with Kyle I felt unamused. What was missing?

I got home and made my way to the kitchen. I saw a yellow paper on the table. I picked it up and started to read it. "Hi sweety! Just to warn you that they called form the hospital. You have an appointment with Dr. Smith tomorrow at 2 PM. Love you, mom"

I let the note fall into the floor and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

* 9 PM *

I grabbed my phone and saw what time it was. I had spent over 5 hours watching tv without a break.

The front door opened and my mom came in.

- I'm home. - she said.

- Hey. - I said getting up and going to the door.

- Hi honey. Did you see my note?

- I did. - I paused. - Now that I think about it, where's Bryan?

- Oh yeah... About that. He left a while ago, with his girlfriend I presume. The house has been quiet, at least that. Why do you ask?

- Just curiosity. - I mumbled.

- Well, I love talking to you but I need to get ready to bed. I'm exhausted.

- Sure. Good night. - I nodded and walked to my room.

[28 Nov. 2015]

I knocked on the door, a familiar voice answered. I opened the door and sat in the chair.

- Hello Johnnie. How are you? - she asked with a smile.

- I'm fine, thank you.

- So, how have these last days been?

I took a second to reflect in everything that happened this last week. A made a new friend, one that hated me before all of this. I stood up for myself for once...

She leaned closer, noticing my thoughtful expression.

- What's on your mind Johnnie? - she asked softly.

I sighed and smiled. I then began to tell her all I didn't tell her before. All About Kyle and his friends. Halloween... We becoming friends. I even told her about my crazy crush on him and when he kissed me in the bathroom. My brother finally leaving the house. At the end, she smiled.

- It seems like things are getting better for you, doesn't it?

She's started to scribble on her notebook as she mumbled some words very quietly.

- Johnnie, I must say that I never had any patient that had this gigantic desire to get out of all that you've been through. It takes a lot of courage.

I felt my cheeks getting warmer. I was blushing. I could even find words to thank her for what she just said.

- T t thanks... - I whispered.