"Are you sure you're outside?"

"I am. I have the police here. Can you open the door, please?" He pleaded calmly.

I slowly walked to the door. I removed the latches, and hesitantly turned the knob. 

David was standing with hands spred on each side of the door frame. He looked so shaken. I ran to him but at the same time he rushed to me and pulled me into his arms. I started crying.

"I'm so scared." 

He was hushing me and kept kissing my head to calm me down. Our baby was sandwiched between us and he wiggled causing us to break. 

David wiped my tears and he took our baby to his arms. He held me by my waist and let me sit on the couch. 

The police were able to knock down the theives on time and they asked me few questions before they left. David insisted on filing charges against them.

My nerves were still tensed. David was craddling me and my baby on the couch. He kept kissing my face, but I had no energy to protest.

It was already 4am when my baby finally  dozed off in the arms of his father.

"Let's go back to the bedroom." He said sweetly.

He let me lay on the bed and he started turning away. I gripped his arm to stop him.

"Shhh! I will check the doors. I'll be back." He said and kissed my lips.

He left the bedroom door open so I could see him from the inside. When he returned, he sat on the bedside.

"Go back to sleep. I will stay here. I'll watch you." He enclosed our palms together.

"Thank you." I uttered before closing my eyes.

😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

The next morning, I found David and my baby nowhere in sight. I started to panicked and stood on my toes. What if those men got my baby. It felt like a dream. No. A nightmare. 

I ran outside the bedroom and all eyes were looking at me with surprise. I was probably looking silly with my messy hair, oversize shirt, big pajamas, and anxious face. 

Katie and France ran to me and hugged me tightly. David must had told them already what happened. 

"I don't know what to do if something bad happened to you. I will never let them escape the prison." France said spitefully but I could draw his worried face. My younger brother always cared for me like he was the eldest.

"I'm fine now." I kissed his and Katie's cheek. 

I saw David standing behind us smiling while carrying my baby who was happily bouncing up and down. 

"David, thank you for coming on time. Thank you for saving them."

"It's my responsibility to protect them France." David replied proudly.

France looked confused. 

"Let's have breakfast!" I interrupted immediately.

We were eating and chatting at the same time. I was observing France and Katie, and I could really feel that romantic tension between them. I mentally reminded myself to talk to Katie later. This bestfriend of mine is no longer sharing things to me.

France was very attentive to her during breakfast. He kept on filling in her plate until Katie annoyingly complained of getting fully heavy already. France was always teasing her that she was getting thinner everyday so she had eat more.

I could clearly see the adoration in my brother's eyes. I smiled secretly.