82. Confused

After they returned to the hotel Sicheng's mood fell rapidly. He came to Jae's room sitting down on his bed.

"What's up?" Jae moved closer to the boy.

He had sent a text to Taeyong 'I'm not mad please call me,' hoping it will be enough, right before Sicheng bumped into the room.

"Yuta," muttered Sicheng shaking his head.

"Has he sent you naked photos?" asked Jae.

"No," the boy shook his head and stretched his phone to Jae who to his surprise read a pretty message and saw a sweet selfie of a smiling Yuta underneath it.

"It was nice," said Jae returning the phone to the boy.

"Nice but Sicheng con-con-coanbidajust," he said.

Jae opened his mouth then closed it again but he guessed some people had the same difficulties to understand him.

"Confused you mean?" he asked and the boy nodded. "Why?" he rubbed the boy's skinny back.

"Girls pretty, like girls lot, lot," Sicheng's eyes glittered "Like Yuta," he lowered his head.

"Oh you'fe woffied about youf sexuality," whispered Jae.

He has never had this problem, he found girls highly uninteresting since the early stage of his puberty, but boys. He remembered the foreign exchange student from Mexico they had in school for a month in 4th grade, who had this deep dark eyes, nearly as deep as Taeyong, and was his first crush. And then, Jae blushed harder remembering how in 6th grade he had this short phase when he fancied Taeil, of course no one, Taeil nor Doyoung have ever found out about it, it was his most kept secret and Jae shivered remembering how he tried to kiss Taeil during a campfire in Doyoung's garden, but he backed out in the last moment too afraid to spoil their friendship and gave a very convincing explanation about him trying to remove a mosquito from his nose. His face burned and he grabbed Sicheng's waist tighter.

He guessed Taeyong would understand this situation better as he had only had girls before Jae, as far as Jae knew.

"Don't woffy, you'll find out who you like mofe, maybe you like both it's called bisexual," explained Jae feeling heat on his cheeks.

"No," Sicheng shook his head. "Like girls," he settled something in his mind getting up. "Goodnight Jae," he said waving but he was still sad when he left the room.

Jae fell on the bed glancing at his phone but no one called and no new messages appeared.

They were back on Monday and Jae reached the school right before the first exam started, what was piano. He hoped his performance was decent and he listened under the door with Doyung, Sicheng and Ten while Taeil and Kun had their tries, as expected Kun was outstanding.

Taeil slammed the door behind him when he finished while Kun was holding his head high till the end of the day but Doyoung told him to wait to the practical vocal exam and Kun's face fell.

To Jae's surprise Yuta was back for the exams and he was very mad they had made the log way to China just to see him the next day but from the other hand back at school Yuta was immediately joined by Hansol, Johnny and the cool clique so talking in this circumstances might have been impossible. Sicheng became very miserable as Yuta ran to him right after the first exam and glued his hands to the boy moving with him everywhere even to the bathroom till Doyoung told him off and demanded personal space for the poor boy.

The afternoon drama theory exam wasn't that difficult and Jae got back home in a decent mood, that faded when his phone stayed as quiet as before.

Tuesday brought practical drama and dance and Jae gave his best hoping to make his favorite teachers proud. He knew Sicheng, Yuta and Ten will score the highest grades in dance but he was close behind with Hansol and to his surprise Taeil, who had trained with a choreographer in the company and improved so much. Kun was average and even Doyoung seemed to have passed according to Mr. Wang's face when he finished.

Jae had a sleepless night, during which he was watching a live stream from one of the fans in the first row from Taeyong's concert and he was all over when he reached music theory exam the next morning. As expected it was the most difficult one of all their challenges and Jae was wet from sweat when after what seemed like a hundred of questions he left the room, he had remembered most of the dates and facts from the composers' biographies and could name each harmony, scale and tone and he hoped he had made a decent performance. With his most feared exam behind he could relax a little, as the afternoon literature was a little less complicated.

And soon it was Thursday with it's rainy and windy weather and a lightning storm rolling over the school building when they had maths and Jae filled pages with equations hoping he did somehow ok. To his surprise Sicheng was quite happy after the exam and said it was easy. Ten on the other hand became all miserable stating he had definitely failed maths.

So before Jae could have a proper rest it was Friday and the weather became pretty again. The last exam - practical vocal was set in the assembly hall, all the students were waiting backstage where they could hear the performances.

Doyoung was singing a ballad in a great way when Mark and Donghyuck sneaked in behind Jae to watch.

"We want to listen to Taeil," explained Donghyuck and Jae nodded.

He was here to to support his friends, he really wished to see the examiners' faces when Taeil will perform. Doyoung left the stage being very pale, Kun was right after him. His rat smile was all gone and he tried to find his confidence but he sent Doyoung a hateful glance. He knew he couldn't do anything to beat him or Taeil. Kun was pretty lucky that Ten performed right after him and Jae was very worried because Ten's miserable singing caused to examiners to ask him to stop after just half of the song.

"Another failure," muttered Ten running backstage where Mark tapped his shoulder.

Sicheng did no better but he sent the examiners one of his adorable smiles hoping it will make his singing better, but to Jae's relief Hansol and Johnny did even worse than Sicheng and Ten. He was up next and the microphone was sweaty in his hands.

He walked on stage introduced himself and bowed down.

"Jung Jaehyun singing 'It's love'," he said glancing backstage in a weird hope to see Taeyong right there, who would send him his mischievous smile, but all he could notice were Mark and Donghyuck's faces and Jae turned around.

"Please start," said a very old man and Jae shivered.

Hi, thank you so much for being there for me and this story

So how do you like the chapter? What do you think about Sicheng's trouble and the exam time?

Much <3