To be or Not to be...It's up to my papa

I looked over at Theo as he slept against the passenger side window. He was curled up in a ball looking way cuter than he actually was. I couldn't stop looking at him, praying that this wasn't a dream and that I had my mate back.

It had all been so sudden. After months of not having him, he was suddenly back in my arms and saving my family from being shot and murdered by his own... but now the tables were turning, it seemed. My papa was going to kill him.

Or, at least try.

I saw Jonah flash his headlights in front of me so in turn I did and then Zyler. There were howls echoing around us and that's when I knew.

We were home.

I sped down the road after my oldest cousin and once the mansion came into view, my excitement got the best of me. I slapped my hand against my mate's shoulder and he popped up quickly, wiping the drool off his mouth as he looked at me.

"I was up," he pouted. I just smiled as I slowed Sunshine down to a stop. He looked around and I felt his heartbeat quicken.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked with a giggle.

He looked around at where cars were parked everywhere. "Your parents have every right to hate me," he said and just then the front door opened.

"DADDY!" I yelled and jumped out of the car, running straight for my papa and dad. Papa caught me and lifted me up like I wasn't a giant and hugged me close.

"Hey, kiddo," he said sweetly and then pulled dad into our hug. I laughed as happiness overwhelmed me. I knew it had been my idea to leave but I had missed them so much. It hurt every part of my being to be away from them and yet I knew finding Theo was what I had to do.

I pulled away from them and looked at my grandparents with a big smile before watching as my cousins were reunited with their parents. I looked over my shoulder when all the hugging and cheering stopped to see Theo standing there awkwardly.

I jumped down the stairs and pulled him into my side before smiling up at my parents. "Dad. Papa. This is my mate, Theodore Riot, better known as Theo." I giggled as he gave a short wave but it quieted as soon as a growl came out of my papa.

Oh, no.

"This is the asshole who tore your heart up?" papa snapped. I watched his light yellow eyes turn almost black as dad tried to hush him.

It was no family secret that papa had anger problems. He had once beaten Uncle Black so bad that he was not able to move for weeks. He had broken Uncle Zayn's back, Uncle Jessie's nose, ruptured Uncle Hank's dick, and broke Uncle Nathan's arm all because he was fueled by anger. I saw that same anger in his eyes as Theo raised an eyebrow at my papa.

"Papa... please don't," I said but it was too late. He was down the stairs in my mate's face before any of us could stop him. I tried to grab Theo but was yanked away by my Grampa Phillip.

"The kid either fights for respect or gets killed for hurting you," he said. "It's up to him."

I looked up at dad with worried eyes but he was just shaking his head in amusement at my papa as he pushed Theo back. "You think it's okay to hurt my son?" he growled.

"Dad! Stop him!" I begged.

"Nope," Alec said and then smiled. "The kid deserves it for hurting my baby." He looked away from me and then back to his mate. "Kick his ass, baby!"

"Dad!" I yelled but was ignored. I looked around helplessly before giving up.

I was going to be mateless.