Chapter 3

I walk inside the bookstore with cold chills running down my spine, Maybe this was a bad idea to get a job here but at the same time if I back out my mother would obviously nag at me.

"You came back!" Anne says suprised making me feel a bit guilty of my previous thoughts, All she needs is someone's help in this store. I nod my head before handing her the application that's know wrinkled and a bit torn from the rain making me mentally hit my head against a wall.

She must've known what I was thinking because the next thing she said suprised me.

"It's okay, My son is much more messier." She says with a huff, At least she understands that I'm not much of an organized person, It's true.

"You seem like an intelligent person and I have no other choice but to hire you." She says making me gasp.

Hiring me now?

"As long as you're not playing with me just to steal my books." She jokes as she runs her fingers through her dark brown wavy hair making me chuckle along with her.

I shake my head taking a seat beside her.

"Let's get your schedule set." She says changing the subject and pulling out another piece of paper.

-----

"Thank you, Anne." I say waving one last time before walking out of the store. I feel so relieved that I got the job and didn't have to go through any interview.

I make my way to the nearest coffee shop which was right beside the bookstore making me chuckle at how childish I am thinking it would be miles away.

I make my way instead but immediately have this feeling of someone watching me making me uncomfortable. I look around at my surroundings hoping my mind is just tricking me. But my mind wasn't tricking me because right beside me was the same guy I saw the past week giving me these weird stares. If only I had the confidence to go up to someone.

"Ma'am, Are you gonna order?" A male tone says making me jump and look over to see that I'm spaced away from the cashier.

After I order I go to an empty seat to be away from everyone and alone as usual. I've always been that type of person to be alone because I'm pretty boring if you ask, I have zero interesting facts about me most people say that but I'm honest.

"Excuse me? Could I sit here?" I hear a man's voice say making my eyes snap open to see that guy again, His hazel green eyes narrow down at me waiting for an answer.

Why is he everywhere?

I nod my head slowly watching him sit down and smile at me.

"New here?"

I notice how deep and raspy his voice is, He also has an British accent that fits perfectly with his voice.

"Yes." I simply say looking away from his hard stare as he slowly nods his head.

For some reason I'm having a bad intention with this person. He seems very mysterious and creepy but I can't always judge a book by its cover. "I'm Harry by the way.." He says making my thoughts fade away. I admire his hair tied up in a bun, a better bun then mine and his eyes had a familiar feeling to me.

"Hazel" I simply say bringing my fingers up to the piece of hair that's now getting tucked beside my ear.

"Hazel? I like that name. Especially for a beautiful girl." He says making me blush. I wasn't ever called beautiful which is understandable.

I see the guy that I gave my order to now sitting my coffee down in front of me as I give him a small smile grabbing it in the tip of my fingers feeling the heat hit my hand. We continue chatting letting our conversations get deeper and more interesting each second, Surprisedly. I guess I was wrong about him, He's actually a good guy.

But not for long.