Clarice, Michael, and Lux

Overheard by: Mr. Jaz's Honors Chem class just as they had simultaneously given up on Mr. Jaz's obstinate, grueling lab. Heartstruck and attractive as he may be, Mr. Jaz was brilliant. Which subjectively could make him sexier. 

Time: 1:30 PM, 10/20/13

When: after an intense three minutes of suggestive winks and glances from Lux Lesley directing Clarice Goodman's glance to the Chem partners, Michael Thatcher and Catie Trenga, having a great time at their lab station laughing and play-hitting one another.

Clarice: He doesn't like her. Got it?

Lux: Ooh, princess, that's the fastest I've ever seen you move. 

Clarice: Answer my question.

Lux: Come on, cherry lips. He hasn't sent you a note in days. 

Clarice: Stop it, Lux.

Lux: Mmmm, I love the sound of my name comin' from those lips. 

Close your mouth, babe. You know what they say, a fly might get in. I can't be kissing a fly-infested mouth, yeah? Keep that kisser clean for me. 

Michael: Hey, what's going on?

Clarice: Brilliant. Now you decide to join in, huh? Just as it was getting good?

Michael: No, of course not. Is she bothering you?

Lux: Every night. 

Michael: Not you. Clarice?

Clarice: I'm fine. 

Lux: Quite a bruise there, candygirl. Get that bangin' heads with Thatcher in some remote corner of the library?

Michael: Drop it, Lux.

Lux: Woof. 

Clarice: Funny. 

Michael: Hey, come on, no tears. I'll cheer you up. Ice cream, after school, on me. Then we can drop by that new bookstore on the corner. They've got a hell of a psychology section. Sound good?

Clarice: Yeah. Yes.