12 » LIMERANCE: PART 2

authors note┋FINAL CHAPTER GUYS YAAAAAY (comment down below if you want a spin off ft cole + adam!!) EDIT: TWO spin off's are posted - one featuring adam and cole, the other elora and haden

dedi┋TOOOOOOOOOO MY BBY ALENA BC SHE'S PRECIOUS AND KIND ((((:

extra┋SHE LAYS DOWN by THE 1975

████████████████████

LIMERANCE
(n). the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person

 the state of being infatuated or obsessed with another person

████████████████████

EVERY TIME THAT I cry I say that it'll be the last time. I tell myself that I'm strong and that I won't let myself become weak over anything anymore, that I can do anything I want and be whatever I want. But sadly, none of that ever works out.

No, because I want to be a happy person. I want to live life without worrying what people think or how to act, and I want to always smile but not in the fake way that I'm used to. I want to not have a care in the world and be free, free like I make myself. I want to be with Weston forever, for us to wake up beside each other and fall asleep smiling. I want to go to college and follow my dreams and become someone in this world - I want to be significant. But none of that will actually come true.

I can't be happy because I'm lonely and pathetic. I can't live life the way that I want to because I've been born being judged and will always carry that with me - that obsession of wondering what people think of me. I can never smile again after how much I've already cried. And I certainly can't be with Weston, not after the feeling of neglect that he had issued into my heart and left for eternity. I was done for.

I wish that he had stayed in the bathroom longer that day. Perhaps then, I wouldn't be in some random hotel wearing a hideous wedding dress and feeling bad for myself. So I stood up from the bed, my entire body shaking with sobs as I made my way to the bathroom to try and find some way to escape, to leave this world for good.

Until the door opens, and the reason for a quarter of my strife stumbled through the doorway.

Weston was panting, his hair tousled from what looked like wind but could be whatever - as I told myself not to care. His eyes were slightly red, as if he too were crying when he had no reason to. He never loved me, I realized, he just pitied me and my predicament. That had been proven to me during the ceremony.

"Aspen," He breathed, closing the door behind him. "I had to come before you—"

"Killed yourself." I finished haughtily, wiping a stray tear from my face. "You're just in time, actually—"

Weston moved in front of me, quick as a fox, until the entrance to the bathroom was blocked. "Aspen, don't." He exhaled, his eyes moving from mine to my lips and then back. "Your speech was great," He whispered, but when his hand reached for mine I moved it away.